What i want as a 970 owner

Ok, so I get it, there is a million post out there; but this is the "inter web" ( hehe ), so I also want to express my thoughts, and like to hear your thought's ( as long as its informative, and not just hate).

OK so first off, a bit of information: I have both 290 and 970. Last weekend i was in the market for pairing one of the two cards with another video card for sli or crossfire mode, man am i happy that i went with AMD.

Now as a 970 owner, I want to know now how the 970 plays in sli mode, with the card using 3.6 -4 GB of memory in 4k or 2.5k; i get that this card wont be smooth as a single GPU @ 4k, but what if i want to buy 3 or 2, that should be ok to handle that resolution ( Again with the card using more then 3.5 GB memory utilization), this should paint a better picture on the 970 limitation.

And if there is such a limitation that the user experiences ( due to the undisclosed design, and misleading of users specs data), then there should be some type of refund for those who want it, I bought this computer for the "me of tmrw" and not the "me of yesterday", meaning I didn't pay 400+tax Canadian on a product that runs yesterday's game great, i bought it because i see it as investment ( i will buy another 970 in a year and maybe another 970 in the following .... u get the pic ) to keep me going till my next big upgrade ( or when i go crazy of reading new hardware reviews. that i go out and buy another new hardware)...