What have you done to improve your life this week #4

Eden here hijacking your post :grin: what you you done people? Life improvement time: go!

——

Going through the hoops on fiverr.

——

Taking my post back from Eden, I finished it today and got the badge :slight_smile:

1 Like

whats fiver

A company that hosts an online marketplace for freelance services. There’s definitely some cringe gigs people will do, but I’d say it’s equivalent to Etsy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb3nnVVsv08 (the cringe)

and continuing with the theme of youtubers buying services for people to do on fiverr, there’s also the “cheap vs expensive” videos

1 Like

Not sure if it’s a “life improvement”, but I did download Eagle again for some projects.

1 Like

I have excersised twice as much this week to cement the routine permanently. Really liking a keto based diet. Definitely have continued to research how to make the deserts and cook them.

Rice and beans all the way though. You will be surprised what you can do with the two. Down to my ultra health 175 lbs finally… from 295 in 4 months

3 Likes

Yesterday i finally managed to look at a new apartmant with my wife. We’ve been unhappy with our current place for some time, but were a bit lazy and never bothered to look around.
Apartments where we currently live have shot up in price, so we’d be looking at around 1300$ a month for 75m² (around 800 ft² i think?). That’s 400 more than we currently pay and a LOT more than i’d want to spend on rent.

So when a family moved out in the same house our best friends and groomsmen (is this the correct term, even if they are both female? Doesn’t feel correct) live in, we decided to ask the landlord, wether the place is up for grabs.
So, yesterday we looked at it and i’m happy to report that, if everything goes well, we’ll have a new home 2 stories above some of the most important people in our lives. 76m² for under 700$ a month, which is a steal. It’s a bit outside, so my commute increases to an hour each way (worst case with traffic). Other than that it’s pretty ideal. Plus we can move there quickly (december).
Now all we need is the landlord accepting us as tenants and we’ll all be stressed out for the next two months to make it all happen.
Pretty stoked to leave the current place behind.

4 Likes

Trying to keep an healthy studying routine making sure I do everything I need to do before dinner and staying always on track with the lessons. So far has been working out great knowing that after dinner I can relax and do everything I want to.

2 Likes

I took my Mum out to lunch. We got shit faced much to my wife’s chagrin.

I just wanted to use that word in a sentence.

You know which one.

Shit.

2 Likes

Im trying to apply Pomodoro Technique to my daily tasks.

Im also trying to figure out the APU2 router that I bought last year how to run pfSense or OPNsense in it.

2 Likes

I finished my grad school essay. Now to show it to a bunch of people for feedback.

A grad advisor gave me feedback and wants me to talk about the technical experience with discord server moderation.

Luckily I have all of october to make revisions and submit a video essay

1 Like

Started cutting down online interactions, pulling the plugs in Discord and on forums.

not every forum equally

5 Likes

work 6 days a week, cry in agony how tired i am. but then be like

AIIGHT

after I see my paycheck.

1 Like

I need to work on cutting Reddit out of my life. The majority of that website is pure cancer, but there are little bubbles of good communities (/r/mechanicalkeyboards and /r/datahoarders come to mind) that keep pulling me back.

2 Likes

I’ve not done well on the healthy eating front. However I have over the last week had a massive much needed clear out. Partially promoted by having to move for a job. On that though I did just make two calls today about a place to rent. One was a no because of pets and one is a yes to pets but a maybe because of moving date.

1 Like

If income sources are from different sources, you can cut down on the least dollar per hour on your income for your sanity’s sake.

If you are being burnt out, maybe you can reduce your hours per week if that was all from a single source?

If it was all from one income source, you are financially vulnerable if they are cut off suddenly. Do try to spread where you get your eggs in your basket, so to speak, so that if the golden goose dies, you have other regular geese to get eggs from.

1 Like

I ordered a couple books for PowerShell to make my workplace life easier through more advanced automation techniques than are already in place.

1 Like

Implemented heavy bag training into my workout.

It’s been years since I’ve done it, and apparently the brain doesn’t remember pain and suffering as well as it does other things. I did six rounds lasting 3 minutes with a 1 minute “active” rest in between.

Mother. Of. God.

I decided it would be brilliant to do weights after that. I was dying.

Warm up
Heavy Bag routine
Squats
Rows
Overhead Press
Deadlift
Curls
Pushups

My wife dragged me to the shower and had to spoon feed me dinner.

Felt great today, though, like a truck hit me.

I had never heard of this guys channel before, and now I’ve been watching it for a day. Most I’ve laughed in a long time. Thanks.

Formatted my resume correctly.

2 Likes