What games are you guys playing that is way better with a private server?

Not currently running, but I have ran a 7 days to die server on both windows and linux. May do Minecraft and Factorio in the future as well.

You need to check out the Structures + mod, It makes building 1000x easier.

2 Likes

Only thing i played private is Factorio with a friend.

Empyrion - Galactic Survival is fantastic, but also a massive time sink.

Unfortunately it also only supports Windows servers.

1 Like

7 days server is coming back, I just got really caught up in Metro 2033. That game rocks my socks. Theirs some mods I definitely want to run though and gotta figure out what goes in and if there are any conflicts in filenames and XMLs.

Moving in two weeks. That’s when I’ll be asking for people to come hop in and test shit out.

The few times I have full on played wow it was a custom build based off of the 2006/7 code leak of the original gold master / a code master of some form and I loved it. Playing the “starter” edition is kind of… blank. With the benefit of me not being able to pay a sub, it was like I was playing a real RPG. Now, eventually that service shut itself down and donated their work to nostalgius and their servers which I only played a few times.

Past that… Uhhhh. TF2 community servers are fun because hackers get banned faster, same with CSGO and CSS. Any valve game really.

ARMA III without a doubt. I can’t imagine ARMA without private servers. Aside from the admins treating arma like a cutthroat business, the community is great and sustains the whole game with missions and mods.

Yeah when you go to 42 people on one map it ceases to be a mere survival shooter and becomes a full war.

Classes play way different.

if we had a TF2 servers, i would actually play the game again. Overwatch was weak and a lot of the people who played TF2 with me back in the day moved onto that game. It’s been a while.

1 Like

I really don’t enjoy OW tbh. Its strategy is in teamfights and pushes, and less in actually splitting the team up into power categories. The controls are weak, I don’t like that theres only 3 game modes and 14 maps, and I don’t think the matchmaking is that strong. Meh. TF2 servers are a lot better now though. And Skial does really good pub servers.

2 Likes

I just noticed arma III runs on linux a couple of days ago, so I’ll pin it in the cap.

Left 4 dead 2 or any other team based hoard shooters are pretty fun to play in private server with friends. Can never go wrong with shootin zombies in the face.

They have a test port for linux, but thats it.

I missed 2fort the most. It seems no one plays that anymore. I’ve been playing it since the Quake days so lol

lol ive had TF2 for a long time (orange box days) and have under 3hrs logged. not my cup of tea CSS CS1.6 and CSGO i have a lot of hrs still prefer 1.6

haha 1.6 I remember that shit. I had a jaunt with CS back then before steam then DoD came around and I never looked back. Anyone still play 1.6?

yup i do.

My guy, 2fort is the most played map in all of TF2, even if banana bay is amazing.

I’ve been under the impression 2fort is dead. Last time I installed TF2 (maybe a year or so ago) There was not a single full 2fort server but lots of empty ones.

Can I play tf2 on Linux?