What game could you play forever and why?

Oh yeah, my most played Gamecube game. My most played N64 game was Super Mario 64, I could play it over and over again.

As for PC games, I’d say I played TF2 and Spore the most. (Yes, Spore is an EA game and it is kind of crappy although fun to mess around in, also I was 12 when I first played it).

1 Like

Nothing at the moment :cry:

I used to be able to play WoW all day every day, but there’s just too much stuff now. I can’t keep up.

2 Likes

Wait for classic to come out. Thats pretty much the version of wow I want to play. I actually hacked an old client for my ibook and play solo sometimes. I like it alot I hope the classic redux really brings out the shine in the game again.

1 Like

I’m really excited for it. I basically started late BC, so I never really experienced vanilla, so it’ll be somewhat of a new experience for me anyways.

Eh. I mean as long as I don’t get 500 levels for picking up a stick and the old talent system is back I’ll be happy. Current wow is only fun to sneak past enemies in the pre-20 free to play mode and try to get as far as you can before you get one-shot. At least thats what I like to do.

DOOM 1/2
CS:GO with bots
Mount & Blade Warband
Minecraft

Basically all the games I play on a regular basis already.

Europa Universalis IV + DLC
Great game that has infinite re-playability since the introduction of the Random new world. I have a few issues with the game but those can be resolved by mods. Such as the ‘institutions’ feature, which I felt buffed the ‘none european’ countries unrealistically. I have a mod which tones that down.

Starcraft 2
Custom ‘arcade’ games are great and allow for things far removed from RTS, such as DOTA, Turrent Defence variations etc
The co-operative mode also adds many hours of play and of course you have the actual RTS game.

League of Legends
Highly addictive pick up and play game. Easy to get into but very hard to master. Some people prefer DOTA2 which is fine, I played LoL first though and now I know the game to much to ‘start over’ with DOTA2.

Rimworld
Colony simulator which has really come into it’s own with the last few updates. Think Dwarf fortress with humans and a more intuitive interface.

Dwarf Fortress
If you can get into this game it is very addictive. To much to really say here really but every map and play-through is unique. There are mods to add re-playability as well as different goal and challenges you can set yourself. Such as, starting in tundra or near a necromancers tower. Digging to underground caverns and awaking ‘mega beasts’. Maybe attacking the first elf caravan which visits your fort for a fun war with them etc etc.

1 Like

Elex. Story of revenge, war, and human greed.

I love that game. Lol at all the review sites that shit all over it because they couldn’t figure out the combat.

It beat New Vegas, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Skyrim for my favorite open world game. Fantastic, beautiful, gigantic world, enthralling story, and deep combat system. Decisions influence the game, which is always a plus for me.

Can’t recommend it enough. It even got a decent score on Play on Linux.

Actually? As in the end is never the end?

The Stanley Parable.

I can play that for an eternity.

1. Warframe - Game is constantly expanding and changing and I can invest as little or as much as I want into the game and still be able to play. The Devs are just really great about communicating with the community and showing new content and such. Also Space Mom.

2. Borderlands 2 - I don’t know why, I just come back to this every so often start a new character and play my way through. I must own this game on at least 4 platforms at this point :sweat_smile:

3. Kingdom Hearts - All of it. I just replay these games every year without end and I just adore them even when they make me cry.

4. Empyrion - Similar to Warframe minus the investment thing since there isn’t any micro-transactions but it scratches that space survival itch.

1 Like

Isn’t it a bit premature to put a game that came out two months ago on the all-time list?

That being said, I had disregarded this game because of its Metascore and some reviews. I’ll have to pick it up and try it. Perhaps your assessment it correct!

I don’t see why not, I’ve played it since release non-stop. I made the same conclusions about Skyrim and New Vegas, on release lol.

I don’t see how they can change or f up beyond all forgiveness. It’s not like I got a tattoo of Metallica or anything. :laughing:

Probably Skyrim. Its concerning how adictive it can be.

Particularly when you’ve built up a list of mods collectively bigger than the base game. And yes its Skyrim Special Edition, the 32bit memory limit of the original simply can’t handle the textures & mods

2 Likes

Evidence would suggest Terraria for me.

Over 900 hours in and two game completions I’m now considering playing again from scratch with a friend.

As for why, I haven’t the foggiest.

As shameful as it is for me to admit it, the game I have probably the most time in is Minecraft. But I’m not gonna pick that. I’m not 8.

Breath of the wild? Hell no. that takes a couple of days to finish and that’s if you decide to do all the Divine Beasts. Low replay value until better mods come out.

Empyrion… almost there. I could play that for quite a long time, problem is that that’s because it takes forever to get to doing anything. First game I managed to build a Puddle Jumper from Stargate in a game, though.

Next project is going to be turning my church into a Capital Vessel. But I’m not quite to “forever” with the game.

Factorio? Now you’re speaking my language.

he just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
2 Likes

I don’t see what the problem is here… Minecraft is an incredibly simple, yet complex piece of art that all who own a PC should give a try. You can always improve your skills, be it building or redstone. And then there are the mods… sooooooooo many epic mods.

2 Likes

I’d argue tekkit is my most favolite game of all time! Run a mining corporation on robots you program yourself! Still minecraft though.