What game could you play forever and why?

I have no idea how to even play that.

Nethack.

1 Like

If I had to choose, itā€™d probably be cs.
Iā€™m not what some people would call a ā€˜gamerā€™, but I did play it a fair bit back in 1.6 & source days, semi recently started with cs:go and while itā€™s the same thing over and over again it never getā€™s old for some reason. Like hockey or football.
Any other games I get bored of easily, or if itā€™s just story driven I lose interest very quickly because I feel like Iā€™m reading a story instead of playing a game.

I have toyed and thought about this for a bit now and I canā€™t come to a conclusion other than maybe something like Terraria or Minecraft. Other games can be fun, but longevity is a killer.

Perhaps Dark Souls 1 , not 2 ,

Too many choices. Iā€™m not a gamer so iuno. shrug

1 Like

I learned to play chess at the age of 4 and I have been playing for a couple of decades. And I donā€™t see a reason why I wouldnā€™t be able to play chess for a couple more decades.

I have played against players in tournament, randoms in park, children, people 3 times my age. I have even played without a board or peices, it was on a plane with the person sitting next to me, we said our moves out loud, picturing the board and peices in our minds (this is called blind chess).

1 Like

Well, there is Super Mario 64 and itā€™s ROM hacks (I played the game so much, not as much anymore), Smash Bros Melee I still play once in a while (not often anymore).

For PC games, Spore was a guilty pleasure for me knowing EA made that game, I putted so many hours once into beating The Grox, but that data is gone since it was on a old computer. TF2 is another game I play a lot and can still play a lot, I come up with strategies, or I just mess around. One time I trolled the whole Blue Team as Engineer and nuked them while I was in my nuclear shelter with my Sentry and Dispenser. You could hear everyone in their mics yelling my name.

Oh, I recently putted a fuckton of hours into Zelda Breath of the Wild, but my interest in that game is waning, gonna wait for the 2nd DLC to come out and then I can put the game to rest.

1 Like

The game i could almost 100% play forever would be Minecraft.

My second place would almost have to go to mass effect 1. Why? Because the newgame+ mode kicks ass :smiley:

Beyond that these would be my few that i could play forever.

HL2
Any of the counter strike games if they have offline bots
Any Game that has newgame+ 
GTA SA
GTA V
FTL
Stardew Valley
Rodina
Emperyion
Skyrim
Morrowind
Probs a few others that im missing but oh well :D
3 Likes

Agreed, Factorio is pretty dope.

2 Likes

I would have to say Pharaoh with the Cleopatra expansion pack. I got this game in 1999 and I still play it. Itā€™s just a nice relaxing little game that relieves stress. It also has nearly infinite replay value.

1 Like

Morrowind, FTL and Stardew Valley are solid picks.

Would add Minecraft and Nethack for my list.

2 Likes

Is that the game where you have to play through the levels of the pyramid? I had that on a shareware disk and have never found the physical game. 3:

Iā€™m thinking of pharoahs ascent. Its a great game.
http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/abandonware/pc/puzzle_games/games_o_r/pharaoh_s_ascent.html

Since we are but mortal pawns there is nothing we can play forever. Ashes to ashes, dust to DE_dust.

Jeebus might be able to play TES games for near eternity. At least thatā€™s what I would urge him to do. Namely, Morrowindā€¦even though the mods seem to be falling apart these days. Maybe FO4 but only if he plays the game in survival mode.

3 Likes

Perfect Dark, because it floats almost all of my boats (near-future scifi, guns, spies, conspiracies, aliens).

Minecraft because it can be as mindless or complex as I want.

C&C Red Alert 2 & 3 because GLORY TO THE MOTHERLAND.

2 Likes

Arma3.

Nuf said.

1 Like

Hmmā€¦ Iā€™d have to say DMC 3, Street Fighter (5, probably), or Dragon Quest VIII.

Ooh, and Super Metroid!

1 Like

My kinda guy :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m not sure I could play any game forever. But I have sunk a lot of hours into:

Donā€™t Starve
Left 4 Dead franchise
Borderlands franchise
Fallout 4
All things X-Com except Enforcer because that was just terrible, yes I even played quite a bit of Interceptor.
Betrayal at Krondor
Stellaris even though I basically just give up as soon as I meet an alien race because they are orders of magnitude more powerful than I am
Minecraft because creativity abounds
Daggerfall
The various X-Wing/TIE Fighter games
Battlefront II
And probably the biggest time sink of my life, Descent.

Just Cause 3

Every time I finish, I immediately start over. I like the ā€˜open world, do what you want, without having to follow missionsā€™ game play. I am not into a sword play open world like Skyrim or an urban setting open world like GTA. I bought the Air, Land & Sea DLC because itā€™s my favorite game, I had to own the DLC even if they are not worth it. I Just like Causing trouble by exploring the island and blowing stuff up while pretending to be James Bond.

Euro Truck Simulator 2, no joke.
Its been my ā€œchillā€ game for a while now, i have more than 200 hours on it.
Burnout 3: Takedown is a good contender as well.

I dont know about forever but I have a hell of a lot of hours in Skyrim and mods and Civ V