What game are you currently playing thread?

Will second this. Sonic Mania is radical. I listen to the OST in my car like a huge dork lol.

1 Like

You should install the style switcher mod for the game if you havenā€™t. It allows you to switch between fighting styles on the fly without using a statue. Basically DMC4 Dante.

Does anyone here remember Dead Frontier?
I was thinking about getting back into it,

I gave Cossacks 3 a try. A nice game. Itā€™s basically a remaster of the original and its expansions. People complain about bugs on steam but i didnā€™t find any yet.
One thing i do when playing this game is downsampleing from 4k to 1080p (monitor) with DSR. It makes the textures really sharp.

I need to play this again1

I got Spore to freaking work on Linux after I replaced the GPU and did a little bit of ā€œWine-ingā€ lol.

That game is a guilty pleasure for me seeing the company behind that game.

Now I need the Xbox 360 controller to work on Wine or for that matter regular Linux games.

I started to play it, but real life blocked me bah!
So much has changed since the last time I played though. Canā€™t wait to star gun that wall of flesh again!

Itā€™s a good game to just fang around in.

Oh man, thatā€™s pretty rad. Gonna give it a look-see. Thanks!

Iā€™m currently playing Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together on PPSSPP with the One Vision mod.

I was hoping for something more like Final Fantasy Tactics, and while this feels like it should give me that feeling, Iā€™m not getting it.

If I had to describe why, itā€™d be because every enemy commander in a forced battle has some minor back story and that diminishes the actual ā€œbig eventā€ battles. Training in different classes feels irrelevant since you canā€™t carry useful things to another class that theyā€™d normally be unable to use. I feel like Iā€™ve found the ideal strategy of becoming OP long term through recruiting every enemy I can (for money from the equipment and making the battles easier by having additional units). The game also feels short because Iā€™ve been in what Iā€™d consider 5-6 major plot battles and Iā€™m already in the middle of Chapter 2 of 4. Feels like the fact they made multiple branches between Neutral, Chaos, and Law resulted in the main story being shorter overall.

I donā€™t know. I like Disgaea and FFT, but not this. Iā€™ll probably finish the main story (Law, which is the canon ending) anyway but I donā€™t think Iā€™ll bother to do the other paths.

I may be holding it up to too high of a standard since I loved FFT.

Iā€™m quirky when it comes to these things because the aesthetics and music have everything to do with whether I enjoy something like this. Like, you could present the gameplay and story of FFT with a different visual aesthetic and music and I probably wouldnā€™t like it at all. Which is odd since Tactics Ogre: LUCT seems very similar to FFT in those regards.

Oh well. I tried.

I need more Japanese Strategy RPGs.

Games Iā€™ve tried:

• Grotesque Tactics was disappointing.
  • Records of Agarest War was disappointing.
  • La Pucelle: Tactics was fun, but considering it is basically a beta Disgaea, that makes sense.
  • Growlanser is very entertaining, but isnā€™t regular turn based. While I can enjoy turn based decision making with real time developments, I prefer FFT/Disgaea turn based battle systems.

Games I need to try:

Games Iā€™m not going to try:

Give Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor a shot. Theyā€™re pretty mean, but theyā€™ve got solid characters and a bunch of endings. Good combat too.

1 Like

Got back into Beamng Drive and the original Binding of Isaac

Getting back to Dark Souls 3. Have never finished it.

Borderlands2, playing a 2nd time and loving it, totally going full cheese with a siren chaos build and jackobs guns (fires as fast as you pull the trigger? That sounds like a challenge lol).

Also playing fallout 4 on my phone when on the goā€¦ and no, you didnā€™t read that wrong, Iā€™m using Moonlite android app to stream from my PCā€™s graphics NVENC encoder via a Ubiquiti LR (a 2.4ghz wifi access point, not point to point link) with the max output power, a high location and a dish towards the city. Shockingly it works over massive distances as long as I keep the streaming settings low. Is it a bad idea if it works? I say never, and it always floors people playing flappy bird or whatever to realize your doing a full PC game handheld.

1 Like

I picked up Divinity 2. So far, Iā€™m enjoying it and itā€™s better than the first part imho.

1 Like

I played ā€¦

Far Cry 3

on PC last night. I have the deluxe edition and all DLC and well I forgot how good this game looked and how fun it is. Now though my experience with it was a bit interesting at times as I was trying to run this at 4K on a GTX 670. I messed with different settings and it was somewhat playable but I still got to tweak the settings a bit. If I end up at low for almost everything for 4K and it still looks good and can run at 30 FPS steady I will be happy as hell this is a GTX 670 and not the GTX 1080 Ti I got rid of.

Persona 5

Hooked so hard. One of my favorite games ever. Itā€™s like a novel or comic book coming to life. I have a feeling Iā€™m going to be empty on the inside when itā€™s over. About 40 hours in at the moment.

Yeah, itā€™s a pretty nice game (although I liked Persona 4 Golden a bit more).

Havenā€™t got to play it though in a long while.

How is it? I got the impression that Wendell and Ryan didnā€™t like it (only watched the 2nd stream).

Itā€™s my first Persona! I might go retro and play the others, Iā€™ve heard nothing but good things.

Bought this couple days ago. So far itā€™s been very nice experince. Community and people are very nice and helpfull (until they steal all your stuff (just joking (partlyā€¦))).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/469920/hackmud/