What game are you currently playing thread?

Just played a game of PUBG where my squad and I had a combined 47 kills, our previous record for combined kills was 8.

2 Likes

I know I have been saying it a lot recently but,

SONIC MANIA!

It is that good. Seriously. Just annoying it took 20+ years and not letting Sega make the game to make a good Sonic game.

If you liked the old Sonic 1, 2, 3, &K games this is the game you have been waiting for.

4 Likes

My fondest memory of the Sonic games is that my mom told me I would constantly run into the first ladybug, die, respawn at the start of the level, run into the first ladybug, die, respawn, etc. and had a blast doing so. Was maybe 3-4 years old at that time.
10/10, would run into the first ladybug and die again.

5 Likes

That very same ladybug is in this one too. The start of the retro levels starts the same as the old games ones but gets changed as you play through the level, starting like you remember but turning into an all new level. There are also completely new levels and thees for them too, but it is a lot of nostalgia rebuilt. new machanicas in old levels old levels that are not what they seem, all sorts of ā€œI remember this, you go this way hereā€ only for that to suddenly not be how you remebered it and kill you because it is new, it is like knowing the game like you played it yesterday but then have it throw it back at you and go ā€œNO RELEARN IT!ā€ just as annoyingly evil as the old game but not in an excessive, fuck you becasue we can, way more just like the games you used to kow. mazing how just right they got it all.

2 Likes

Talking about battleroyale games. Just now finally installed Arma 3 downloaded the mod and started to search on battleroyale servers for some to join. The site didnā€™t workingā€¦ Ok then i tried with the WS Laucher. Holy shit this game is dead. All the servers are empty except one with like 7 players in it.
Now i hate this pice of overhyped battlegrounds shit even more.

Iā€™m playing titanfall 2 and quite enjoying it. I would probably enjoy it more of it wasnā€™t an EA Game.
I have been playing gtav for the first time as well.
I was playing battlegrounds last week until I got banned for streamed sniping. Didnā€™t even realise there was a streamer on the game until I got banned by just playing the game. I guess the developer doesnā€™t like anyone killing the streamers

Finished Half Life and starting the Opposing Forces expansions. May write up my experience and impressions with the first game and its expansions for a post to garner discussion. I do have one thing to say:

Nilihanth has to be the worst final boss I have ever fought yet in a videogame.

Did someone say Thargoids? Elite Dangerous is basically the Alien series being played out as a video game, with the end result being the humans get eaten/killed by an insectoid alien race. The game up until now is basically just preparing the pilots for the coming Thargoid War. Iā€™m super excited. :grin:

I liked Sonic Adventure games (1 not as much as 2 though), but yeah, Sonic 3 and Knuckles is one of my favorite 2D platformers.

I hugely dislike the Adventure games, they are just a mess all round to me, though I know quite a few people who really like them, I just can get on with the camera, the controls in relation to the camera and it constantly changing, the cutscenes, basically all of it.

I am very much one of the people that just wanted what Mania is and was forever annoyed with everything else they put out. The only other one I really enjoyed was Heroes, which is a dividing thing. But for me is the only acceptable 3D Sonic game they made, I actually had fun playing rather than fighting every part of the game every step I took just to be able to play it.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was quite a bit better at that than the first Sonic Adventure when it came to controls (camera was bad with Sonic Adventure 1), which had that and animation problems. Gotta love that sick lip syncing lol.

Even so though that didnā€™t stop me from enjoying the game, Super Mario 64 had horrid camera controls yet itā€™s still my most favorite 3D platformer to date.

The Sonic games before like Sonic 1-3&Knuckles though are good 2D platformers, could never beat the final boss in Sonic 2.

1 Like

I switch games very often. As in, My currently-played game I started playing again yesterday. Iā€™m currently playing OpenTTD but before that I was playing an old childhood game, Pajama Sam, partly because I wanted to play around with ScummVM, and partly for nostalgia. Before that I was playing Factorio and before that I was playing Rimworld.

Pajama Sam, Freddy Fish and Spy Fox were the shit! Used to borrow them from our local library.

Just started Assassinā€™s Creed Revelations after playing through AC 2 and Brotherhood. I canā€™t wait to get to AC 3 and Black Flag.

I skipped AC 1 because Iā€™m not really interested in the back story. AC 2 was a decent starting point for me.

Also the new AC Origins looks interesting.

2 Likes

Even if you donā€™t play AC1, you should at least watch some kind of compact cutscene compilation, because it explains a large deal about what youā€™ll encounter later. (As spoiler free as possible.) Unless you donā€™t care about the storyline, in which case, nvm.

1 Like

Damn Oil Ocean Zone boss in Sonic Mania is solid kicking my ass. Cannot get past him yet.

1 Like

Got back to gaming last night and played some more Tom Clancyā€™s The Division on Xbox One S but no MPer as I donā€™t have Xbox Live right now. Still though it was a good experience for what I was trying to do with the game playing solo.

I mean, I hate Battlegrounds with a passion because of server issues but the game itself is actually really good and really fun. Hating something because its popular is pretty petty.

Itā€™s because this thing is inferior to arma 3. When i watch a stream and i hear those gun sounds i think of paintball/airsoft. The damage they deal looks retared to. Vehicles are like wtf is this physics?? and wonā€™t even about the graphics.

So petty no. Objectively better game Yes. With 1/3 of subjectivity in it.

I agree that Arma is a better game for quality and its super fun, but Arma has also been around for years. Pubg came out strong and is doing better and better. That said it is in early access and most early access games are pretty shit quality.

1 Like