What game are you currently playing thread?

Been doing workday versions of Defcon with my coworkers, super enjoyable despite the losses I endure…

Still playing Half-Life 1 and completed “Surface Tension” or the first large outdoor level in the game. Valve must love Super Mario Bros. and try to incorporate platforming in the game. I like platformer games and do not mind the idea of platforming in the first person perspective but the problem is Half-Life is not a good platformer so the sections you have to do some gymnastics with antiquated physics from the 90s, I refer to them as doing “Dumb Fucking Mario Shit”. Something tells it will get worse from here.

As Duke Nukem would say “I hate Valve puzzles”. Only exceptions would be the Portal series of games.

On a positive note, the Tau Cannon is fucking awesome and I love the gun sound of the MP5 even though there are way better gun sounds out there.

1 Like

Yeah, I am stuck in Half Life, can’t seem to go any further for some reason.

At least, that’s when I last played Half Life which like most games I last played was many months ago.

Is it by some glitch? Trying verifying your files on Steam.

I think I am just having no clue what to do next in that game. Will probably bring up this topic another day since I don’t feel like playing Half-Life today.

Where are you stuck? I got stupidly stuck on a place, where I just needed to walk to the left… And I was trying to jump a wall…

“an interesting concept”

When I talked many times to people who actually play games that work at EB Games I got a similar message as to what I quoted from the Wikipedia info, on the game. Tonight though I saw this while actually playing the game using LAN/offline play with many bots. I tried to get my son to play but no go. I was able to show him though what made me excited about the game and that was the slide step instead of a roll to move quickly sideways and also the feign death thing where you hold down a button and pray the opponent thinks you are dead. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn’t but damn cool. Anyway hopefully like with this game in the future we will see LAN/offline play included again and if they want to have it locked somehow until the life of the game is much older so be it as long as it is an option. Anyway a very fun game and I’d love to see a sequel to it. It might be hard though considering Free Radical Design now known as Crytek is in extreme financial troubles and possibly are even dead though I have never seen confirmation of that. The publisher was Ubisoft and well they are still pushing out games that are flawed but fun and if they are about fun I think they can take Haze and do something better with it. Hopefully that or something else can happen.

1 Like

Two words: Dwarf Fortress. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Currently playing Subnautica. Definitely one of the most fun games I have played in a while. I was actually surprised at how much of a horror game it is in addition to being a survival game. Being deep under water at night can be pretty scary.

1 Like

When you are deep underwater, not much light could reach there regardless of day or night. At 1000m underwater, you would reach the aphotic zone where almost no light penetrates it.

I just played this on Steam and wow. I was just looking for something to kill time while downloading something and I didn’t want anything too noisy or in your face so I thought well this here game sounds interesting and it was. It is a puzzle type action game. Now would I pay what the price is on Steam for it? No I would not but I am not saying it isn’t worth that. If you like a game that makes you think, has a nice soundtrack, is easy on the eyes, gives you reasons to play the game again well this is for you. Pay what you want for it. I got it in a bundle or possibly even free at some point. Awesome hidden gem in my gaming library. Btw only played for 30 minutes thus far and already sold on it.

Update: Stuck on 1-4 as I believe I have completed it but it won’t let me advance in the game. It keeps sending me back to this point. I can’t figure out what is going on. I did start a thread on the game’s Steam page but if someone has an answer to my problem here I sure as hell would welcome the help.

Update: Someone provided a help video so no reason to not get back to playing this again and advance further.

3 Likes

Disliked Blizzards decision to price the Necormancer at 15€. Still bought it and am now replaying the story mode with a Necro. Don’t have all the skills and runes unlocked yet but it feels a bit half-assed.

Hellbalde is pretty awesome

2 Likes

I’ve been playing Observer for the past few nights, and so far it’s really interesting.

I stopped paying any attention to Blizzard since StarCraft 2…
That is just ludicrous… The Necromancer is “priced”? Hello there WB EAbisot. Blizzard is one of the very few companies, that people still love no matter all the bullpoop they have previously done…
I started Freelancer, got stuck, abandoned Freelancer.
I am now considering getting Tracks the train set game.

Yeah. For 15€ you get the Necromancer as a playable class, 2 additional character slots, 2 additional chest slots and a bunch of other stuff (in-game pet, banner, wings).
Seems like they used WoW as inspiration for it since it looks like the typical “digital upgrade” pack for the WoW expansions (mount + pet + some stuff for other Blizzard games like portraits, in-game pets and cosmetic stuff). Just that it’s not a mount but a playable class.

imo they should’ve just made another expansion and not a standalone pack that reeks of 2K’s microtransaction BS from Evolve.

I’m in Act II now. Necor is on Lv.32 or so. Just want to rush through the story so I can do my runs for loot (it’s a seasonal character so I need to complete the story first).

I am staying far away from Blizzard. I hate them massively for a while now, and now with the necro…
That is bullshit. Since WoW Blizzard realized they can literally print money and do nothing for it…
SC2 I massively disapprove of, D3 was a complete crap… They fixed it a bit and now that…
Overcrap was a breath of fresh air, and then loot boxes etc etc… Blizzard is crap just like EA or Ubisoft or WB or craptivision…

I think someone needs a break from modern AAA games and convert the energy used for hating on something to playing good video games instead. What new games have you bought lately? I’m sorry to hear that you had to turn down the Model M reward.

1 Like

As for hating on AAA gaming - I don’t. I hate on Blizzard.
I still love Skyrim and Dark Souls 1 and Roller Coaster Tycoon and some Sony PSP games, such as Patapon, and that is literally my personal top4 favorite games ever made ever… Not in that order though. All AAA games. No blizzard in there. Diablo 2 was a hot contender, as it was StarCraft, but their respective sequels killed all good will I had towards the titles.
Anyways.
I am thinking about re-playing Sebastion, since I got stuck fairly late in the pirated version. As for the guild - I adore the game. I adore the idea, the music is more than AWESOME, it’s cuteness factor is beyond the scope of any cuteness measurement tool… Basically is great.
And Heroes 3 is… Heroes 3…

Seriously though, I would have felt much worse to had to ask the dude to pay 100 something bucks for shipping… He wanted to be nice and give to the community, so at the end of the day I didn’t wanted him to have to give up on that much money.

2 Likes

To be fair, WoW is still a great game. The last expansion was much better than the one before, but they also implemented the bounty mechanic from Diablo 3 (World Quests: complete a number of marked quests of a specific faction to get a special reward) which on one hand gives people who want to play alone some end-game content but on the other hand it also seems a bit lazy.
They improved leveling a lot (you can start in any region you want in the expansion since the enemies scale with your level) and Suramar is just full of lore.

Never cared for Starcraft, Overwatch or Heroes of the Storm. But I agree that Diablo 3 started as a shit fest. By now they have it in the state it should’ve been from the very release. But the focus seems to be on other games.

1 Like