What game are you currently playing thread?

3 Likes

Currently playing (Factorio .15) and liking it along with some Fallout 4, and a little of Majicka, and a sprinkle of Terraria, and Dungeon of the Endless.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to play that game but by the time I can afford it, I might end up getting Super Mario Odyssey first. Plus I am trying to lay off the BoTW weed.

Should probably try Witcher III or Skyrim, hope I donā€™t fall and die thinking I can paraglideā€¦

Witcher III all the way.

Which reminds me I still need to finish the last expansion.

I started playing Banished again after I watched a twitch stream by mistakeā€¦ Then I trip on my joystick and decided to use it and just installed freelancerā€¦

Playing through Half Life 1 for the first time and so far Iā€™m having fun albeit the game hasnā€™t age very well. Some controls and movement could be more smoother but Iā€™m talking about a game that is two years younger than me. Speaking of, next year will be the franchiseā€™s 20th anniversary.

Might try out Gigantic later.

2 Likes

I just played some ā€¦

and after playing it for less than a minute I knew I already played this before. I just donā€™t know where my saved game for it is. The thing is I may have played it on pc the other time but not sure. Anyway that game looks great on the Xbox 360 graphically and it makes me wonder just how good games could look if every developer pushed their games to the max on it. I wonder what the best a game could look like on the old system.

1 Like

I think this may be the best COD I have ever played. I had screwed up at first thinking I couldnā€™t find an online game and even did player searches for games but nothing came of it. It may have been that I was trying with the ranked system but hey anyway eventually I got into games and played this for 2 hours + and Iā€™d play it for more if I didnā€™t need to come up for air. Eventually one has to put a game down. Also if I put it down and it suddenly goes offline for good on Xbox 360 I can play it using LAN play and I am also glad to hear it was added to games that can be played on Xbox One. Anyway a great game ā€¦ seriously ā€¦

HaPpY GaMiNg everyONE!

Oh man this makes me feel old! I remember playing the deathmatch mode on a LAN party we made up with hacked keys at a computer summer camp (not even kidding). I was 17.

Currently playing The Long Dark as they just released story mode. Very glad to have been an early access buyer and supported this project.

1 Like

How is the game from your experience? I typically do not keep my eye on early access / games in development until they are or close to launch.

I loved it even as an early release as it was only playable in a sandbox mode. It gave a very good feel for the sort of survival style this game has. There is some crafting, but itā€™s fairly simple, youā€™re not building houses or anything ridiculous, thereā€™s no time for that when you have to melt snow and then boil it to make it potable.

I am not very far along in the story yet but hope to delve a bit deeper on Sunday. Iā€™ll try and come back and give a better impression in that regard. It is separated in days with a linear and accelerated timeline so things donā€™t stagnate. I think itā€™d be very interesting if theyā€™d introduce a real-time option, but it would make some aspects very tedious.

Even my wife loves the game (she also loved Skyrim, but generally sheā€™s not much of a gamer).

Edit: I should note Iā€™m playing on an ultrawide and I think that helps the experience a ton, and I started replaying Firewatch as well, itā€™s just spectacular.

1 Like

Finally fixed the Vampire face bug in Oblivion so i can play my Vampire character. I had a problem with Skyrim and not having enough evil things to do on my evil character. Butā€¦ Oblivion is actually turning out to be the same. I played the game since it came out, but iā€™ve never played an evil character till now. And i have to say, itā€™s a lot like Skyrim.

Dark Brotherhood. Thieveā€™s Guild. Then what? This sucks, manā€¦ Iā€™m disappointed. The DB questline was so good. I wish it was twice as long.

And Source every friday. Just bought me a boxed copy of the Orange Box, finally. I need to play that again. Happy fun time with Gordon Freeman again.

And Valve. Hey, hey Valve! GET TO FUCKING WORK ON HALF LIFE 3. I saw that Cliffhanger in Episode 2 in 2009. And if my future self told me i still wouldnā€™t be playing Half Life 3 in 2017, i probably would have hanged myself in a bathroom stall with a fucking necktie.

Wait, Valve is still making games?

No my personal opinion is that they I have realized they are making money selling other peopleā€™s games. So why spend that money to make a game and deal with the headache and personnel cost involved.

While waiting for my uncle to race at Hanover Raceway tonight I decided to play a game called Blockstorm and was pleasantly surprised by the Minecraft / shooter. It looks great and plays pretty well.

Doom 2016 gave me and a friend an epiphany as to why we werenā€™t having as much fun in Overwatch.
Gotta go fastā€¦

2 Likes

I know I never paid $7.79 Canadian for this and likely got it for free but it is a thinking manā€™s game and quite fun. The only issues I have had with it thus far is the responsiveness of the controls and I had some resolution changing related problems but found a solution for that. Anyway HaPpY Gaming everyone!

Started Puzzle Agent. So far simple puzzles (except the one where you have to find out a specific time with the help of some vague statementsā€¦hate that kind).
The setting is great, totally up my alley: The protagonist - Nelson Tethers - works for the U.S. Department for Puzzle Research and has been given the task of finding out what happened at the Eraser factory in a small town in Minnesota, which supplies the erasers for the White House.
FBI Special Agent on a mission in a small remote town? Fuck yeah!

btw, itā€™s still on GoG for sale, along with many other Telltale games (remember Sam & Max? yep, there was a time when Telltale didnā€™t just poop out ā€œinteractive novelsā€) for the next ~24h.

1 Like