What game are you currently playing thread?

Anyone started Prey yet?

I'm 11 hours in. Not sure how far I am through the entirety of the game. Not a bad game. It's not Half Life levels of good but it's a solid game. I did my best to not watching any videos or commentaries on it so I didn't know much about what I was getting myself into other than some people claiming it was the next Half Life.

I really hope Warren Spector can raise the bar on FPRPG games with Sysem Shock 3 because Prey hasn't gotten to that level yet. Wish there was a bit more intrigue in the story to keep me going. Hopefully I'll find the time to finish it this week.

2 Likes

I'm still slowly grinding through Zelda: BOTW and the Witcher 3. Trying to get to the newest DLC in the Witcher 3 from the beginning. Forgot how long that game can take.

Also got these to further delay any further progress on the aforementioned games.

2 Likes

One day. Hoping they lower the price in a year or so. Adoped the Wii U too early on and got burned. Didn't even release an Animal Crossing game which is why I bought it. Silly me!

This time I'll wait for a Animal Crossing Switch then go in for the kill.

2 Likes

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Fancied playing some DOS game and this was probably one of my favourites, on steam for a few bucks so why not.

Was the first game I played on a computer back in 1995, just a point and click DOS game but it I love it. See how long it takes to complete it this time round.

Holy shit, we have almost identical systems, the only thing different is mine has a 1070. I play at 1080p on ultra settings with 60+ fps, I hope that gives you some insight.

1 Like

Well I just played Sniper Ghost Warrior .....

... single player training and the first part of the campaign for about 25 minutes. The game looked gorgeous. I do need to fix mouse sensitivity though as I found there was too much waggle when moving my mouse around. Also I was told by someone on Level 1 Techs message boards this was a bad game when I told them I had gotten it for Xbox 360 and well something to support that would be the fact that despite me being in good cover and prone the three guys running towards the area I was in seemed to automatically see me. I died twice trying to kill them and I am playing it on easy. I am not saying that this will be hard to get past as I have a better plan for next time but it is frustrating that my cover meant nothing. This is a sign of a bad game. Oh and btw I am playing this on PC on Steam and not the Xbox 360 right now. I see that with the pc version the servers for MPer have been taken down and I wonder if that is the same with the console game. Anyway the good news from what I can tell is people do play this using Tunngle. If there is a good group of people doing that great and if not I got other MPer games to play. Also I see one can create a LAN game and with me having multiple copies if I want MPer I can play with my son and others sometime locally.

I always have a few games that I play at the same time. I am not a 'completionist' at all, I like to prolong my fun. But a game that I am playing for like the 5th time is...

Somehow shooting roboNazi's in the face never gets old. It's one of those situations when I say "This is disgusting, morally reprehensible and nasty... but they are Nazi's. They deserve it."

1 Like

Metro 2033. Really quite a good game. While it's a little rough around the edges, the metro feels great and alive.

1 Like

Rising Storm 2 (follow-on from Red Orchestra 2 Rising Storm) just came out. Couple of glitches here and there but apart from that this is a great launch.

The maps are fantastic and weapons are done well. This is a great inbetween for the gameplay from CS/Insurgency with the maps and combat type of Battlefield/ArmA. Its a game that takes realism seriously but is still fun to play. Well worth it if you're into this genre.

Highlight of some of the good things about this game

-no mini map
-no health regen (2 bandages for minor wounds)
-1 to 3 hits kills 90% of the time
-no killcam
-no killstreaks
-no deathstreaks

Take from review by SnakeEyes on Steam

4 Likes

I started witcher 3 a couple of weeks ago, loving it! 50ish hours in and I find myself playing for hours without advancing the main quest any. Those ? are too enticing!

2 Likes

I know, right? The side quests are absolutely worth doing in this game.

I spent 3 hours sailing around skellige(?) yesterday just loading up on sunken treasure haha.

Only thing I haven't liked is gwent, but that's totally optional which I appreciate.

Imagine a good witcher mmo.

1 Like

Just started Deus Ex mankind divided the other day, enjoying it so far but only have about 20 hours into it.

@ThatBootsGuy ,

Not sure if you are a mechanic but -- Is that Car Mechanic Simulator realistic? I've been thinking of trying it out.

Just got it on steam! can't wait to log some hours on this. Just gotta get my RAM upgrade and I'll be on my way.

I hope you don't like outside xD

1 Like

I loved Gwent once I figured it out, not sure if I like it as a standalone game though.

I bet it's loaded with in app purchases too.

Much rather go on some witcher contract monster killing adventures.

1 Like

I feel like most of the fun of Gwent was traveling around the map, doing quests for new cards, looking for the best cards from each merchant, and finally beating the best players in the game.

1 Like

Dig Dug using Xbox Game Pass ... fun but hard to play without a joystick

1 Like