What game are you currently playing thread?

I find myself in that role often enough, it's fun trying not to screw up landings lol. The mods sound interesting.

1 Like

I have been doing a lot of Guild Wars 2 lately
Also a bit of the Dark Souls 3 DLC

I'm kinda trying out some MMORPGs at the moment as an alternative to WoW. How solo-friendly is Guild Wars?

1 Like

Minecraft, haven't played it since before Microsoft bought Mojang and I need to relearn much of the game since Its been so long but I'm having fun with it.

1 Like

It is both friendly for solo and yet not at the same time. I will TRY to explain

GW2 overall the players are super nice, and helpful, but there are things you NEED other players for like big Meta events that cannot be solod. But they can be played solo in terms of you don't need to be in a group. But other players must be there to help.

Raids are likely the only piece of content you truly cannot do solo, very VERY few Pug raids do well.

Im gonna ramble I can tell already

PvE: Can do 99% of the game without a group or guild, only Big Metas, Dungeons, and raids cannot be done alone
PvP: Can be played solo, but is more fun in a premade imo
WvW: I can't say I haven't done WvW in years, but back in 2013 you could solo roam and pick off other roamers. Or join in a big Zerk event

Gw2 is a very different MMO. The traditional goals of getting new and better gear isn't quite the same. Dungeons can't be solod as you get scaled to the level of the dungeon, so even at lvl 80 in max gear if I go into the first lvl 30 dungon, I am now a lvl 30(with better stats than I did at 30 due to my gear but still a lvl 30)

I am in a guild for new and returning players, but I mainly play with them on Monday night for missions(like guild group quests), and fractals(like high skill mini dungeons). But other than the GUILD missions, I don't need to be in one. I have solo qued for fractals without issue.

Ok rambling over.

TLDR: Very solo friendly, I play alone for the most part and do not feel I am missing anything

2 Likes

Horray!
Welcome to the Decksplash playtest.

Below is your Steam key, and for extra fun we've included two extra Steam keys for you to forward on to two of your friends, so you can party up.

Z3W3W-ZLNYE-HGXJG
XYJDN-DKTJA-65LPC

The game is TechDeck meets Splatoon. Paint a skate park by shredding.

1 Like

Kinda still playing. But I finished ghost recon widlands story.

I did it....I caved in and did it.....I bought my first 30day game time for WoW after about 5 months of not playing, not even reading about it.

It's a bit overwhelming getting back into it. Some spells and skills changed, no idea where I left off with my quests (on multiple characters). My ElvUI profiles and add-ons (bagnon, DBM, etc) are gone - I deleted them myself when I promised myself to never touch this sweet, cursed fruit again.
Also, the Steelseries Rival 500 is NOT suitable for games that need a lot of hotkeys/key-rebinding. The next few days will show if I'm gonna buy another MMO mouse (12 side buttons and whatnot).

That familiar feeling of shame and adiction...

1 Like

Lol, "you've only destabilized 100% of the cartel."

I'm currently playing Dishonored 2 and having playing Ingress daily for about 3 years now. An yes I admit it, I still occasionally play Pokemon GO. I was a beta tester for Pogo so I'm kind of burned out on it tbh.

I am now aiming to play everything I own for 1 hour. These two definitely are not real gems but honestly with both I had good experiences despite some graphical changes and musical changes I'd like to see made.

For the record these were games I got for free. No way I'd pay for this stuff. LOL!

Now as for this next one it may have been included in a bundle like Humble Bundle and it is a darn good game. It is strategy based, looks nice and is not overly complicated. I have played it before but only put in a few minutes today just to get to the 60 minute mark with it.

Finally my last one for now as I am taking a break from playing and streaming but man oh man Bloop. It definitely is a mind bender. If it takes me as long as I take to figure out BIT.TRIP Runner levels then I may never clear Bloop either.

Going through Skyrim for the first time (forgive my sins)

And I got stuck in that PlayerUnkown's Battlegrounds. It's surprisingly addictive, considering there isn't actually that much to the game. If it does Early Access as well as Killing Floor 2 then it'll keep me hooked.

Fallout 4.

I... I actually don't know why...

Playing Out Of The Park Baseball Manager 2018. I'm enjoying how in depth it is, plus it's easy to keep it open in the background so I can tab over, play for a few minutes, then get back to work.

EvE-Online (since 2004 and keep getting back) and Dreadnought https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/

Dreadnought is like World of Tanks with huge spaceships. Imagine capital fight in Battlestar galactica and you get quite close.

Persona 5, the devour-er of my free time for a while. Really enjoying it and is darker than 4 was.

One Finger Death Punch is on the list, but I got a goofy variation of that game called Iron Snout for free.

It's pretty fun being a ninja piggie fighting off the big bad wolves with meat cleavers in their pic-a-nik baskets or disguised as lumberjacks with chainsaws. It starts off easy but quickly gets diabolically frantic and hella fun. A game this simple shouldn't be this good.

I'm hooked.

1 Like

Dungeons 2 is free on humble bundle for another hour and 20 minutes. For those that don't know its basically Dungeon Keeper but made in 2015, and it's pretty good.

Just fired up Forza Horizon 3 on the PC for the first time in probably 6 or 7 months (guessing here)... Bought the Hotwheels DLC for it. They've fixed the terrible performance issue this game suffered from at launch and on late into 2016 when I stopped played it.

It's a fun game, and Xbox and PC cross play is cool. Lets me play with my console peasant friends.

How is player unknown battleground performance wise since it is early access?
I have a core i5 4460
8gb ram
1060 graphics card
I play at 4k but can play at 1080p if need be