What game are you currently playing thread?

At home, I play Lineage II. And at the college I play small on-line games on my phone. Very often it is better to study economy when you play poker. I'm learning to play so I use this guide: https://pokerglobal.info/knowledge-base/how-to-play-poker-ultimate-guide-to-the-rules-of-poker-texas-holdem-part-1-post-2320/ But I miss those days when I was at home and spent all time playing MMOG games.

Is the Battlefield 1 game actually fun?

There is no denying it is excellent and I was going to purchase it. But I watched a few game play videos before pulling out my wallet. BF1 seemed to very accurately and graphically simulate the HORRORS of WWI. I realized that a game so intense wouldn't be much fun for a person that already has PTSD.

I re-installed CoD4 from my old CD's instead. There are plenty of active servers and updated mods.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is just as fun as it used to be.

edit: I have just found a server running the Open Warfare mod. It is epic.

The main thing it adds is users have ported the best maps from all the versions of Call of Duty into Modern Warfare. CoD WW2 maps, CoD: MW 123, CoD: Black Ops and many more. The guns and game play are the same as CoD4.

1 Like

Gran Turismo 4.
One of my favorite racing games.

1 Like

Still Kingdoms of Amalur. ~26h so far with my new char on hard difficulty. I don't remember repair prices being so high....got ~300k gold and repairing my shit cost almost 100k gold. But now I'm at a point where I don't know which quest to do next.....so many in my log.

1 Like

Played BotW. beat that
Now I am playing GW2 again for a few weeks I think
I still need to finish up Rise of the Tomb raider I am like 90% done
Then I also still am not quite done with Wicher 3(game is just so big)

100% it? How long did it take?

Whwn I catch up on my homework, I am going to play Persona 5 and Yooka Laylee.

1 Like

Dishonored for pc. I am using kb & mouse right now but thinking of switching to playing it with a controller as it seems like a game that is meant to be played that way.

Wish i could afford Bayonetta...
I can't...
Will cry about it until i find 20 euro to spend on it or start a new job...
Still playing Hand Of Fate and Fallout Shelter...

Bully remastered for the PC

And emulation is legal for anyone lacking funds...

https://www.emuparadise.me/

Go play some of the best games of all time

I'm playing a lot of Squad and My Summer Car right now.

Black Desert Online. So much to do in that game. It's freaking huge. And I can't get enough of Endless Legend.

Just finished Horizon Dawn Zero, an awesome experience.

The story telling is amazing

1 Like

played some Fable Anniversary yesterday but compared to Kingdoms of Amalur the character controls are slow and mushy.

1 Like

Kingdoms of Amular had such potential

RA salvatore as a writer I'm pretty sure

What they should have done is limited the weapon sets and added in some must have combos to give combat some depth. Or a more monster hunter style need to dodge large attacks.

Really too bad they didn't get a chance to refine it

1 Like

Oh, it absolutely did. So many good features that are almost useless. Take the crafting system for example: until you can finally make some good stuff you're probably through with the game and the things you find are always much better.

I like the concept of the Faes but other than that I don't like them much.

Yeah, the combat system lacks something. I tried it with my current character to stick with swords.....nope, always end up getting the chakrams. They're way too powerful. Keep your enemies at distance and can hit multiple enemies at once. And they're fast.
I would've loved to use spears, though. The greatsword and hammer are too similar imo, both slow but heavy hits.
On the other hand daggers and fae blades almost make no damage compared to staffs, chakrams, longswords, greatswords and hammers.

A Monster Hunter spin on it would've been a nice addition, like huge monsters you have to find (like the size of big Niskaru types) and get special materials for potions, gems and crafting.
Maybe give them specific loot tables (monster x can drop weapon/armor/material x).
Or go a different route and add a moral system.

2 Likes

I'm starting over from the beginning on the Witcher 3 and will be playing through all the DLC's. I've technically played everything but the last DLC before, but I always like playing games straight through, so I started from the beginning again. Gonna try to do everything I possibly can in that game. Maybe 100% it.

1 Like

I was thinking of replaying witcher 3, dont know if I would go as far as 100% but I would definately like to try some different choices.

1 Like

I've started playing The Witcher 2. I've tried it before and got up to killing Nekkers in the Malena quest in Flotsam and left it alone. Found combat difficult at first, didn't fully understand some mechanics and found the UI a bit annoying, so I just left it for ages. A few days ago I decided to try it out again, and I'm absolutely glad I did. I'm finding the combat satisfying and having all the signs from the get-go is great. The world, story, characters, quests and monsters drew me in.

I've also moved onto Yakuza 3 after completing the previous two games. It's interesting to experience Kamurocho (and the new location, Okinawa) in a closer 3rd person perspective and with new visuals. Beating up goons is still fun as hell. Story has a slow start in Okinawa, but it's kind of a nice change of pace when going straight from Yakuza 2. The story starts to pick up a few hours later.

I just played a kajillion hours of Elder Scrolls Online for Xbox One today. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I liked the way the environments looked and the way the game played on console. I was worried it would be dreadful but it wasn't. As for the story it has been interesting. I guess this ruler wanted to become Dragonborn and it backfired on him killing him. Anyway in my last moments of playing the game today I saw a long cg video about this. I honestly am glad I played the game but oh the time it ate up. I have only a short while to have a shower and then settle in and watch the Oilers game. I also still have yet to make supper. Oh those MMORPGs!!!!

Oh and as for me playing with anyone ....

Nope. : S So if anyone wants to group in the future with me I have a level 7 toon.