What game are you currently playing thread?

i've been playing the guy with a riot shield and shotgun, my primary tactic was to get as many drones as possible and start a train of enemies, I put my shield into the blockade mode and deflect all the damage while my drones take care of them. doesn't help much in boss fights

Yeah, I don't know how to play that guy, I've tried and failed.

I don't know how much the game got balanced, but when I last played it, engineer was pretty much OP. You pick up anything and just jump around, jump around, jump around. I was playing the game with that song in the background, among others, it was glorious. Haven't jumped that much since Icy Tower...

1 Like

Still playing Warframe but when I complete my goals in that game within the next few weeks, I'm trying out Deus Ex with the GMDX mod since I got access to the version 9.0 beta.

Started Fallout Shelter on PC...

1 Like

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. Its been out for less than a month and its amazing. Few bugs and great gameplay. Now all I need are teammates

2 Likes

Just got it. I am dreadful at it.

Farthest I got is top 25, if you're ever looking for a teammate I'd be happy to play

It's really tough. I'm not fully comfortable to be playing it with anyone yet. xD

I get what you mean, I was just killed by a guy wielding a pistol and wearing no armour while I had a semi-auto shotgun and high armour. At close range.

1 Like

Hell yeah, just died at number 5, got sniped with the Kar. That was a fun round.

1 Like

Been playing Dungeon Keeper 2.... I cant stop.... so good

1 Like

Original Crysis and Skyrim Legendary Edition

1 Like

I bought 2 inexpensive games last week.

This plays kind of like circuit board puzzles. Essentially you are a spark that has to travel from point A to point B in order to progress to the next level. There are gates, switches, platforms, elevators and negative sparks you have to avoid. It is a simple and elegant game that is much more fun than it looks.

To solve the easy puzzle above:
Move the white blip down then through the horizontal blue switch, moving the blue platform up. Go up and over to avoid the green switch and down then across through the orange switch. The orange platform rises, completing the circuit. Then you can move up, left, down and then right over the colored platforms to exit the level at the yellow diamond.

I figured I had enough FPS and racing games and I wanted something different. I have never been a big fan of newer platform games, but UNRAVEL is so darn cute. Your guy 'Yarny' moves like a typical platform puzzle game but he can use his yarn to do things. He can throw a short loop, he can make a tightrope bridge, etc. As he moves from left to right he unravels a trail of yarn behind him, making him threadbare, so eventually you must find more yarn to continue moving right. I am in an idyllic garden so far. It also has a hidden story about love, old age and loss that is interesting but ghostly so far. I think women made this game for women to enjoy. The game is challenging (for me) and very pretty.

Plus, How could I not post a game about yarn in this thread?
{ I hear your collective annoyed Dad joke groans }

1 Like

Seems like I come back to Kingdoms of Amalur at least once a year.
Started a new game and trying to go the "Strength" route with combat (swords, greatswords, hammers, heavy armor) instead of the range focused magic route.
It borrows from Oblivion, but you can't really compare them. The crafting systems (weapons/armor, potions, gems) are underwhelming - nice idea, poorly executed.
Maybe look at it as a Dark Souls/Oblivion mashup but way easier (even on hard) and with kinda less content. Don't get me wrong, I still managed to put 190h in it on Xbox 360 but that's with all sidequests + the 2 add-ons and finding all objects.

1 Like

Still need to play, looks really fun.

I have it for PC, hear its not that bad... I mean you got to play a game that killed a whole company and uses state funds to create lol Its historic

They had an MMO in the making too, I think it was called "Project Copernicus".

A second part would've been much better imo. Getting rid of flaws and improving the whole game.
Reckoning already has a huge and diverse world. From typical fantasy woods - both bright and gloomy - to vast mountain plateaus to a desert that reminds me of old wild west mining areas. It had so much potential, and yet there won't be another part.

I think that was what KOA became, the MMO was too much. So they made it into KOA, you can kinda tell with the style and gameplay.

Probably biased but interesting story, some of the facts are crazy...

sucks that the game didnt sell but also I hear he wasn't up to the task, and the fact it was funded by tax payers bucks... CRAZY lol

2 Likes

I always thought the MMO came after KOA.
Still a shame. If Skyrim used that combat system I would've played it much more.
Same with Vigil Games and the Darksiders series. 4 games, 1 for each horseman, would've been nice. Maybe less focus on puzzles (they suck where I am now in Darksiders 2.....), but the combats are awesome, the animations really good too.

1 Like

BF1, Euro Truck Sim 2, and Witcher 3.
In descending order, with BF1 taking up a huge chunk of my gaming.

Got this cuz cheap and good reviews. Its not bad.

mindless and fun. Great look and feel