What game are you currently playing thread?

Sadly the first one did not make the jump to linux.
(I know, wine, I don’t care, native or bust! :stuck_out_tongue: )

I have never (I think) bought into early access so far but I just played Ion Maiden for like five minutes and I’m gonna keep that. xD I still don’t recommend buying early access or pre-order anything but if you’ve got money to burn and you’re old school…
Let’s say I would not try to talk anyone out of this one. :wink:

Playing Quantum Break at the moment. I am struggling to get into but have heard good things.

I’ve just finished Prey, and that was awesome. Best game I’ve played since the Talos Principle.

Lately playing Star Wars Battlefront 1.0/ Skirmish, the one with the big AT-AT’s
I love the powerups "Well I don’t know what it is but it looks like a bazooka!"
Just recently tried playing on the Imperial side and they have these baby at-at things that have missles and morters.

Even at 1080 with everything turned to minimum the scenery is still drop dead gorgeous, my favorite is the wide open desert of “graveyard of giants”. When I grab an x-wing powerup my fav scenery is the frozen Hoth location.

I also like that I can try different ways to play each time, grab an airborn asset or grab a fixed laser “machine gun” and mow people down.
Favorite is an x-wing firing lasers and missiles at an exposed AT-AT.

The game engine is a work of art, when running HW monitor during the game it uses everything my 7850K+R7 250 has to give.

1 Like

I’ve been playing quite a bit of Hearthstone, just doing the dungeon runs. I’ve got 3 left to finish then I get that card back.

Much less carball than normal, and haven’t really been playing anything else.

Monster Hunter: World

It’s kept me off PC gaming for about a week. My Monster Hunter game

Thimbleweed Park

Yes, it is constantly tipping it’s hat to those that came before. But it is so much more than just fan service. It is an outstandingly well made and entertaining point & click title. Also I think it is one of the most beautiful pixel art games ever.

Monkey Island I and II, Zak McKracken, Maniac Mansion and Day Of The Tentacle, Broken Sword, … Thimbleweed Park is standing in one line with all of those, easily.

Play it! It is amazing!

Finally finished it, took me almost 25 hours. Worth every minute!

Split / Second is an oldie (2010) but a goodie.

It’s Disney’s version of the movie Death Race. It’s TV show race. Drifting, drafting, jumping and close calls earn you power-ups, so you can trigger booby traps against the other drivers. It’s really fun and exciting. It reminds me of the race in the movie Ready Player One.

The first two power ups are blue and trigger explosions or a truck that backs up onto the track or a helicopter that drops bombs or something. You have to be careful that you don’t blow yourself up. The 3rd power up is red and triggers something huge that changes the track route. Like exploding an entire building that falls into the street and then you are driving on the walls of the building that is lying sideways.

The only problem is Disney consoleitus. It’s locked at 30 FPS but once you get going that doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Came back to NFS:MW on the last few days, had to install a few patches to make the resolution work correctly and to add proper Xinput support, other than that its still a great game!

And yes, the CLK500 is a heavy pig in the game.

4 Likes

I love Bayonetta, Vanquish and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. do you think i will like this game?

2 Likes

Bayonetta is so good, played 3 times on the PS3 and another 3 times since it launched on PC.

Nier Automata is kinda weirdly different than all games you mentioned. All of them are action games, so called spectacle fighters. Nier is kinda weird mash-up gameplay wise of many different things - spectacle fighter is one, bullet hell is another, twin stick shooter, resource management when it comes to upgrades, hacking shooting minigames… And really really heavy story. Heavy as in involving in the game. It’s not just in the background… You need to pay attention to it. I like my bayonetta, but Nier is just not for me…

Most definitely!

1 Like

I’m back, baby!

Reviving the thread a little bit.
Dusted of my PS3 today and decided i should perhaps replay Red Dead Redemption, but i’m afraid i’ve become allergic to low framerate, its going to take a little while to get settled back into the game, but its still a great classic of the last gen!

3 Likes

Got myself back into some Super Ghouls ‘n’ Ghosts on the 2400G HTPC the other night:

1 Like

Is there a 12 step program for breaking my addiction to Skyrim? 2000+ hours…

Aside from that, Battletech…at least until I got curbstomped. Didn’t lose my last mission, but lost two mechs and had a pilot fatality. If you run into a Firestarter on a vacuum planet, run like hell. Overheating is a … bear. Yeah, that’s the word.

I have been playing the Dark Souls 1 remaster.

Already owned the original(got to $5 a few years back. So I got the new one for $20. ANyways

Been having a blast. the game is alive again, so many summons, so many invasions. It’s been wonderful

2 Likes

Yakuza 6 on the PS4. Playing this game late at night with a beer or whiskey is incredibly relaxing to me. The special edition even came with dragon design glasses encouraging some more alcohol consumption.

God of War on PS4 too. Combat felt better than I thought it would, but hopefully the game picks up a bit. I can leave and put it down easily if that makes sense. It’s not as gripping as I thought it would be.

Also a little bit of Forza Horizon 3 on PC because I was missing it. The Honda NSX was waiting for me when I booted it up.

Recently started back into Destiny 2…

Having fun in Crucible at the moment.

I’m into a whole lot of games now, lol.
On the PS4 Pro i’m playing Gran Turismo Sport, Fallout 4 and Pcars 2.
On the PC i’m getting my online gameplay fix in Quake Champions with a few friends that finally got into it.
Its going well!