What Email client do you use on Linux?

• Evolution
  • Thunderbird
  • KMail
  • Geary
  • Mutt

0 voters

Please add any add-ons or plugins you use and if you use PGP or any other type of encryption in the comment section. If you are using a different mail client please post below.

Thunderbird is nice since its cross platform and going from one to another is as easy as transfering files from one system to another.

Geary cause it does what I need it to do.

Only thing that sucks about it, it won’t load pictures within emails / HTML content. You have to keep clicking, show all content on every email.

Another vote for Geary. I have recently switched from Thunderbird (which I had no problems with) and am enjoying the simplicity of Geary.

Thunderbird currently, gonna take a look at Geary though.

I’m enjoying Evolution, but I’ll be having a look at Geary soon because I’m evaluating Elementary for a computer-novice who’s moving from Apple. (got her a system76 lemur, so she can’t stay with the evil empire)

1 Like

I am also on Evolution, My reasoning for starting the poll was to gage what people are using and survey possible plug-ins, spam filters and encryption. Do I need to change, not really. But Linux people always find ways to improve/enjoy their software differently !

I am using Bogofilter and Spamassasin.
Looking to setup PGP, have been lazy setting it up, because I don’t email much :frowning:

Running this on my mailserver, so no need for client.

Yeah, I’ve got it set up, but it doesn’t help unless everyone uses it. Hopefully, some day we’ll get there. We need email clients that support PGP natively and by default.

1 Like

Kmail. Used Thunderbird for a while, and still use it for office work.

Mailspring!

1 Like

mailspring

isn’t that just the new version of nylas? If so, you’re giving your creds to a 3rd party company.

No love for Pop!_OS?

It’s good, but I’ve encountered a few bugs, so I’m going with something a bit more tried and true for the time being.

1 Like

Thunderbird + danish language pack and pgp set up on several accounts.

How do you figure? My Mailspring account password is completely different than my e-mail password. The service where they send your password for extra features is an opt-in service according to their terms and conditions.

I’m not a fanboy or anything, and if you have information indicating the above is not true, I’d be interested in reading it. I heard about them from the Linux Unplugged crew. Only been using the product for about a week.

Let me know when KMail or ThunderBird can tell me when someone opens an email I sent containing an invoice and I’ll switch.

Thunderbird hands down. Tried other available clients and while I appreciate some of the concepts in some of them (and more modern theme) none came even close.

You can do this in Thunderbird easily. Click write . Mail compose window will open. Choose “Options”, you’ll see confirm delivery option there.

1 Like

One of the major problems with Nylas (not sure if this carried over to mailspring, but I’d be willing to bet since it’s the main design of the software) is that the “sync engine” which handles all pop/imap/smtp operations is not on your computer, but on the company’s computers.

Read notifications are in both already.

1 Like

Like a read receipt?! Should be a standard feature on all email clients