What does this error mean?

I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read through this and help me with my problem.

My Problem:

I was using my PC doing the usual (Gaming, Web browsing etc.) and all of a sudden my PC got the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), and so I tried to restart it, but I just got a black screen (I couldn't get the BSOD details because it skips by it too fast). I left the PC off for a couple of days and turned it on again and it worked fine for a day then it got the BSOD again.

I don't know what to do, a list of what I have done is below.

What I have done:

- I have read through numerous articles but none seem to be of any help to my issue

- I replaced the thermal compound (A friend thought the issue had to do with thermals)

- I disconnected all drives and RAM, and re-connected them all

- While I am sometimes able to get logged into the PC I uninstalled unnecessary programs, did a virus scan and updated programs.

Here are some images while in safe mode with networking (hope it helps).

http://imgur.com/JOQ7Y1y,IRdW56l,J7OkP5Y,eX7nCue#0

(There are four images)

Also I have the same motherboard (NEW) lying around, should I change motherboards?

Please feel free to request any additional information, I would be happy to oblige.

What version of windows is that? point... think i would clear cmos to start with. Malware scans all round. Malawarebytes then maybe a avast antvirus scan and boot scan and browser clean up. If that is what i think it is. you should not use it anymore online.

You should check the minidump in C:\Windows\Minidump\(numbers here).dmp and report what it says.

Also, do you have an AMD GPU?

Version 6.1 is Windows 7

You should reseat any addon cards like the GPU as well, try the other motherboard, do a fresh install of Windows, try each stick of ram individually, just whatever you try do only one thing at a time so that you know what the problem actually was.

Posting the minidump mentioned above could let others be of more help, because without knowing more it could be any number of things.

I was thinking it older than that but it could be visual styles. lol duh! dont mind me.

Dat safe mode ;)

I dont see it very often, sorry.

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/HD7970DC2T3GD5/

Is that part of the sudden rash of 7970s that dont like the new beta drivers for amd? Maybe use the last stable driver versions for that card?

Could be.

The problem is I can't always get logged into windows, so I'm not sure how I'll change drivers.

I will get onto those hardware suggestions.

Clear cmos. Refer to mb manual.

I think I cleared it, I'm not sure, I still have a black screen.

If I leave the computer off for a day it should load up and I will be able to check the BIOS then, but it doesn't seem as if it made any significant changes.

I did up to step 4, I couldn't go further because I couldn't find the "clr CMOS" switch on the back of the I/O.

http://support.asus.com/Troubleshooting/detail.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=M5A99FX%20PRO%20R2.0&p=1&s=24&os=&hashedid=LVnr9hOsmMV1eWsw&no=1723

get Aida 64 and make a stability test. You can clear CMOS by removing CMOS Battery. 

If it goes BSOD when you make the test , restart and make tests for individual hardware, HDD, GPU, CPU, RAM

Good info, thanks.

Is there a reason why you have not looked at the dmp file? It's essentially a black box that tells you what happened just before it BSOD'd. Once you check that, you will know what went wrong and have an idea of how to properly fix the issue.

Sorry I had other commitments, and I decided to install the motherboard first when I had the time. In doing that it boots up fine but when it goes to windows, I can't use my keyboard and mouse, it's like the drivers aren't being detected.

Also I haven't been able to stay logged in for long enough before it blue screens.

I can access the ASUS UEFI BIOS, will I be able to do anything important from there?