What do you think of this speakers?

i want pro audio and clean and i do work on avid pro tools 12 and i like watch anime youtube games i got midi keyboard with line for speakers too?

Any good dac scarlet’s 18i8 or BEHRINGER U-PHORIA UMC404HD

will i lose anything against dolby atoms surround sound as 7.1 with this speakers?

1 Like

I haven’t had a set of book shelf speakers for a while, those look like they’re well built. If you double your budget, you would be into a BOSE satellite system.
Best of both worlds would be to match those with a subwoofer. JBL looks to have the mid and highs taken care of.

I own a pair and I love them. The only problem that I have and it has nothing to do with the speakers is having a gaming PC on the same circuit. I can hear the slight coil whine from my graphics card through the speakers. Ideally you would put them on a filter so that they got clean power and also filter the USB DAC or you may have similar problems.

Just make sure you’re using a balanced connection. Best place for 99% shielded line cable or quad is redco.com

Cheaper to get 20’ of mogami dual shielded with custom connectors and length than it is to get a premade cable of the same length and not dual shielded. It also doesn’t hurt to go quad cable.

Scarlett is fine, focusrite is fine; I like MOTU and RME. M-Audio I have had trouble with, but the hardware itself isn’t bad. if you’re balls to the wall, get a sound devices mixpre 3 or 6.

JBL makes some quality speakers, I have put several hundred hours on others in the LSR line.

What I prefer is the yamaha hs7, as the mids are crystal clear. KRK overdoes the bass more often than not, and JBL’s are not terribly different.

Maybe try the hs5 for that price bracket. They lack a little in bass, but not much. Look around, call guitar center and ask for a deal (they are on commission sales), or check the used market.

“Dolby atmos” is its own thing. It’s a theater-only system with a home version for decoding those special files. You probably won’t be doing any atmos decoding on a PC. Maybe if you have a receiver, but that’s kind of going the long way around. I worked that way for a few years (PC out optical to receiver, out analog line to interface, out to speakers through interface embedded DSP) to check if Dolby encodes were working and to play games, but it’s mostly a waste of power and space. Dunno if that’s exactly what you mean by atmos, but seriously my suggestion is don’t worry about it.

can you link me that bose one

how can i fix that

can you get me links what will i need

The one I was thinking of had the smaller 3 series speakers. These three are very different. The first would not use any of the audiophile stuff, it’s a simple USB 2.1 pretending to be a 5.1 setup. The others would need all your amp/DAC or sound solutions you were talking about.
https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/stereo_speakers/companion-5-multimedia-speaker-system.html#v=companion5_graphite

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/home_theater/acoustimass-6-speaker-system.html#v=am6_v_black

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/stereo_speakers/acoustimass-5-speaker-system.html#v=am5_v_black

Disclosure time, I’ve heard them and they’re good, (friends and family have them) but I’ve always been happy with much less costly speakers. No high end audio parts anymore for me these days, onboard audio and a basic 5.1 surround has always satisfied me. I’m cheap now so I have a LOGITECH 70 watt setup.

can this do 40k or 80 k or 192k with avid or hear the differences

I can’t help you there. I’m just a guy who likes to listen to his music. Those are a semi high end for the masses kind of product. Maybe a little better than most, but not in the class of serious high end audiophile territory. This guy I worked for had these Macintosh amps and speakers that ran 20,000.00 a pair. Tube driven amps for that clean amp POP. I’ve always balked at that kind of devotion to the sound, but I sure can appreciate when others do.

No, but you can search for them, based on the names and model #'s I did give you.

As for sample rates, you won’t hear a difference above 44.1, but high SR are useful for processing, and PT won’t let you open a session at a sample rate your hardware isn’t capable of sustaining. Just music, go 48k. Sound design, go for highest possible.

it hard to pick for avid pro tools class