I volunteered to look at/re-do the network setup of a non-profit health-center that my partner works at, as they have been having connectivity issues (after seeing their network setup I can see why) with internet-based card payments and general email/workflow.
- Modem: Netgear CG3000DCR (via Comcast business)
- Wireless Router: TRENDnet TEW-692GR (up to 450 Mbps)
- AC 1: Engenius EAP9550 (up to 300 Mbps)
- AC 2: Cisco-Linksys WAP54G (up to 54 Mbps)
I am not an expert in networking yet as I am just starting in the industry. After doing some research considering their budget this is what I think would be an excellent upgrade that allows for some future proofing in regards to adding IP-based PoE Ubiquiti security cameras down the line, VLAN separation between the practitioners/guests, and ability to troubleshoot from home.
- Modem/Gateway: Cisco DPC3939B (via Comcast business)
- Ubiquiti Edgerouter X SFP
- Ubiquiti US-8-60W Unifi Switch
- Ubiquiti Unifi 802.11ac Dual-Radio PRO Access Point (x3)
- Ubiquiti Unifi Cloud Key
Any thoughts/suggestions would be highly appreciated.