What Dac/amp comb, 300 €?

Thanks for the lengthy reply. There’s a lot of BS out there so seeing a company that makes gimmick-free, plain good equipment is nice to see.

You should :smiley:
Read this antidote http://nwavguy.blogspot.co.at/2011/07/banned-at-head-fi.html

antidote

Anecdote?

That’s pretty messed up. You would think Schiit would want to cover their ass if their amps we’re literally destroying headphones.

Antidote to fanboying :wink:

1 Like

Ya, the Asgard 1 had issues. Forum politics (as we have recently seen here at former Tek) are a bitch. I did own the Asgard 2 though and can vouch that’s it’s a solid product. Currently have a Fulla 2, and again, fantastic. Also owned a Fulla 1st Gen and it was only OK, and returned it after some issues with grounding power on the laptop it was on causing noise.

Moral of the story: no one is perfect. Every company has it’s dark times. The fact still remains though that Schiit puts out fantastic products that I can stand behind more than most any other modern day alternatives.

2 Likes

Isnt that just fine for powered speakers?

O2 ODAC is a proven design with the aim to proved a clean signal which you can “colour” with your headphone/Speaker combination. Mine drives my supposedly difficult Fostex headphones with no issue. I can’t vouch for that particular company as mine was made by Mayflower but cost a lot more as a result of tax/import/postage etc. to the UK.

I think it was 9 euro postage when I stuck Oslo in as a destination.

RCA option should be for line out to powered speakers or amp + speakers. Contact the seller with that question and the response can be part of your buying assessment.

Yep. Powered speakers are speakers with a built-in amplifier after all.

Anyone know anything about Aune X1S?

Fulla 2 has a ton of QC issues. I have had 3 and my current one still isn’t perfect.

I am very happy with my Magni 2 though.

Also take a look at Audio-GD NFB-11. Endgame performance from china.

I have to say Mihle that you are fixated on headphone DACs with pre-amp outputs :slight_smile:

They will work fine if you switch to a pair of powered speakers or add in a power amp to drive your existing speakers.

Otherwise you’ll need an integrated amp with a DAC.

I have powered speakers. JBL 305s

I am still really unsure of what to get.

Sorted then almost!

These threads are dangerous as I’ve been thinking of a sound bar to complement my headphones as I ditched a perfectly good Logitech Z5500 5.1 setup due to all the hassle of drivers and cables. Stick a pair of JBLs on the shelf and I’ll at least have decent stereo without having to don the Fostex headphones all the time.

… apart from I don’t have RCA out on my ODAC doh!

There is the new Mayflower ARC DAC/Amp hmm decisions.

Do any of the Dac/Amps let you change the volume of the outputs to the speakers?
I dont know if I need it or just change volume in windows tho…

Windows volume should stay at 100% to maintain maximum bit quality.

Look for a dac/amp with a pre-out or variable line-out, which should allow you to adjust volume.