What are you working on? -2015 Edition

I have a build log website which I try to keep mostly up to date.

Very nice to read what everyone's been posting, it'd be awesome to see some pictures too!

In regards to my Clockwork Collections project, most of my progress has been focused towards adding functionality behind all of the pictures I've posted (http://imgur.com/a/ZdiDy) as well as tidying up here and there. The only issue I face is that the more functional it becomes, the more unreadable it is, heheh.

You stole my name in reality... :)

I have been working with AMD-Vi and IOMMU to do GPU pass through with qemu-kvm. i was able to get a Radeon pass through working and was getting 40 fps in unigine heaven at 1080P high no tesselation. Not great but it was working. That card on metal only got 44-46 fps doing the same test so i would say it's pretty good. Still working on getting the nvidia card to pass through and work. I got it to pass through and even installed the geforce driver. But the device returned error 43...so haven't gotten that worked around quite yet. also will probably look into tuning VM performance and then make a videonof the whole thing for people to see and follow if the feel like being slightly adventurous and doing it as well

Wokring on my systematic review for my Masters Degree in HCI ^^

server hosting and shit

AS part of college I'm building a home security system, automatically arms at night time, infrared tripwires, alarms, combination keypad for disarms etc 

Got a website or is it low key?

Whenever I want to code (which is whenever I am not playing games or doing homework or working [or eating], which isn't often), I work on an HTML5 canvas:

http://kevin.sublimism.com/g.html

I'm trying to build a backup server for some off site backup. I don't really have a real backup solution right now, and it is a bit scary. Re-using some old hardware. Have a AMD 970 MB (sata-600 weee) and some ECC RAM, a couple of old AMD cpus, some of them should work. At the same time I'm trying to get rid of some really old hard drives I have on the shelf, making sure there is no data on them before I chuck em in the trash. Old parallel ATA drives, one is no bigger than 2 GB I believe. Can't do much with those anymore :)

I also have some UW-SCSI drives. They still spin up, wailing like the restless dead. Still remember how to do SCSI termination and the quirks of old SCSI-controllers. Talk about useless knowledge today. Fun fact, both my P-ATA PCI-card and the UW-SCSI card works right away in linux. And for windows there is no drivers Vista and forward. Will probably run Ubuntu Server LTS or CentOS on it when it's done. I want btrfs on the data drives, so CentOS might not work out, we'll see,

Re-using an old chassis too. Compucase-something midi-tower, got it around 2000. It has doors, i.e. the side panels open like car doors. Thumb screws that stays on the panel, ooh what innovation :) I've modded this thing a fair bit, cutting holes etc. Not pretty but functional. It will have dust filters on all intakes.

Have on of those Lian-li four bay hotswap thingies, thinking of using that with new-ish drives. Probably WD-RED.

I could add some pictures eventually.

for those old drives, once you verify no data is on them, open them and smash the platters

building a SNES emulator in haskell. because reasons.

Naah, too much work. Never been that paranoid really. Running shred on a drive makes it silly expensive to recover anything.

Might open up some of the drives to get to the magnets though.

Oh those magnets XD my high school band director loves them. He had some could hold a whole program score to a file cabinet 

Well February is not over yet:

I resummened my Cubietruck as a little Server. Now Hosting owncloud, Samba (as a little central storage) and Tracks (GetThingsDone Todo-organizer). And well. The GTD Stuff works great for me. A lot has happened the last days. :)

That is fancy. How are things going? What libarys do you use? (if any)

Homework for AP comp sci

Currently working on

Java backend / JS frontend to a XML parser, robust with idiot proofing. 

JS and html to aging website from 2012 with imported html elements front 1999. It's awful don't ask.

third-party API to Java to pull existing customer list automatically and slap into a xlsx file using apache poi.  Except the API limits the pulls to 100 customers at a time, SOBs. Fucking data nazis.

relearing verilog to write oscilloscope like data slurping ... NDA pretty much stops me here.

TL:DR : 

the more you prove yourself capable the more management heaps on you because "math is hard" and technology solves all are problems aka no good deed goes unpunished. FML </rant>

How do they meter? Per ip? Per Mac address or you have an authorization token? If ip you could use some DigitalOcean machines to constantly run your program 100 hits at a time. Or koding.com probably be little easier since then files don't constanty change 

I'm just going to mark this as a 2015 edition to keep things simple.