What are you riding?

Honda Ape. 50ccs of glory! By far the best way to get around Tokyo (till I get my chuugata - up to 450cc license)

HONDA APE 50 HONDA APE 50 HONDA APE 50
3 Likes

I am riding a Suzuki GSX 400 1988 (43HP)

1 Like

1992 er5 with a gpz500 cam and Klein carbys. Does the job when I have the time to actually ride it.

1 Like

1982 Kawasaki Kz550, its my first bike so its a little rough, only paid $750 for it, but it runs and is fun to ride!

1 Like

Not a road bike, and not big at all, but I have been riding a 2001 Kawasaki KX85. Also, a 1978 Honda Z50A (yes, that's even smaller). Had it when I was a kid, now saving it for my son, once he's old enough to ride. I recently had to relocate them, hence my reigniting interest. Cool thing is, my brother-in-law started riding those, and today he's looking for a new bike to ride on the road, as well as obtaining an M class license. He loves it.

1969 Honda CL175 (picture taken with potato camera)

2 Likes

@DarcNoodles So how does the licensing system in Japan work? I'd imagine it's much tougher than the US (similar to car license)

Like my cousin...

I've seen enough Russian videos and had enough experiences in my own family to know not to go near these deathtraps.

1975 BMW R75/6 She needs an engine rebuild, but I won't get around to that till january, since I am visitin my parents in Germany for the rest of the year.

I love the 50cc Tokyo cruiser. Looks so cool

5 Likes

I can't compare it to the US because I've never been there, but it is pretty tough if you live here. So most peeps get their license through expensive driving schools to avoid the testing situation.

The conversion process, however, (even with the test) isn't too much effort. It's a case learning routines and following them to the letter.

As for the Ape, if you have a local car license, you can ride bikes up to 50cc. To ride any bigger you need one of 3 licenses:
Small bikes: up to 125cc
Medium bikes: up to 400cc
large bikes: the rest

If you have a Japanese car license you can skip the written test and do the practicals. The only reason I haven't is because the testing centre in Kanagawa prefecture (where I live) is really hard to get to, and i'll need to take the test at least 3-5 times.

My current bike is a 2009 CBR600RR. I absolutely love it. My girlfriend is learning to ride it, and she might get a ninja 300 or Yamaha R3.

also, i've always found it weird that Yamaha didn't call the R1 the r10 since people could think oh, the r3 is 300cc, and the r6 is 600cc, so the r1 must be 100cc.

I'm still riding the Husqvarna 610 Supermoto, but I thought I'd post some of my write-offs because they're funny.

BMW F650 Gs Dakar

After riding it off and on road for four years

Skyteam V-Raptor 250 (Chinese Bike)

I modded it - and tuned the engine - airbox - advanced timing etc and respayed

Engine Exploded and the piston came off...

It disappeared into space. This photo is directly after I opened the engine case

1 Like

I realy like motor bikes, unfortunatly getting a motor license in the Netherlands is realy difficult, and money consuming.

At the moment(for a few years, and a few years to come) my father, my uncle and I are completely restoring a BMW R25 straight outta Nazi-Deutschland.

It is really fucked up, rust is taking over and all.
A lot of parts need to be created over again, remilled, repolished.
It will be a lot of replica parts, which is not a bad thing. I mean, everything gets more reliable through the use of stainless steel, aluminium and other lightweight parts, but we try to keep it as close as possible to the stock spec. 1 cilinder performance.

This is a picture of a really good one, pretty mint. Ours is in pretty much the worst state imaginable.

I'm not really into motorcycles, I'm more of a car guy(way more tbh).
But I got a special place in my heart for special vehicles overall, and I love working on an old motorcycle like this. Besides of that, it's a BMW so I love it just a little bit more ;)

She's lovely aint she

1 hp literally turns on a dime.

3 Likes

For da horde. 2007 SV650S

2008 Suzuki M50 Boulevard a.k.a. VZ805. And yes, that is a Minecraft dirtblock sticker... my 11 year old son wanted it stuck on his backrest. I ride it daily to commute to and from work, as well as for pleasure. It's my only transportation... I ride through snow, hail, rain, fog, and through weather up to 120 degrees where I live in Northern California.

1 Like

FZ-07 2016

I ride year round, bought it in October my first bike, won't be my last. I put 1080 ish miles by the end of December. Have ridden through rain once, and temps down to 22 I wouldn't recommend riding below 45 without heated grips, hand gaurds, or heated clothing as it sucks!

1 Like