What are you reading right now?

Going through the Song of Ice and Fire. A Clash of Kings // ongoing

The Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus

Today I read a long amount of stuff about networking/internet/Google/routers/Windows. I am glad that is over at least for now.

Star Wars Lost Tribe of the Sith, The collected Stories
By John Jackson Miller

1 Like

I am reading the 1983 classic by Stephen Levy "Hackers." Some guy in a restaurant told me their is a new version of the book, but I am loving the original paperback I bought on ebay for $3.

The book explains the term "hacker" as a positive term for understanding something and bettering it. I love reading this, back before the term was raped and pimped out.

I have been meaning to read this. I read Michael Straight's book (something like "After long silence") and enjoyed it. He was the guy who ratted out Philby. I cannot believe he did not do it sooner, but they were Cambridge buddies.

I did a graduate class focusing on the Spy network after the war. Once you get into the subject and start studying Philby, MI5 and MI6 you have to question; How did he not get caught sooner. It leaves a lot of questions around all of it. But, it is a really good book and a great intro into the subject. Side note - Ian Fleming had worked with Philby during the war. Also check out the story about Buster Crabb - I am working on a thesis about Buster Crabb right now, he was the inspiration for James Bond film "Thunderball".

IMO it's way better than the Exam ref. books.

This book has been great so far :)

1 Like

After watching the movie, I decided to read "The Giver" again. I got it at a Hastings that is going under. I have to say, it is not as I remember it. However, as far as book-to-film goes, it actually does well to recreate the book and actually fills in some gaps. Give it a read.

What am I reading right now? This thread.

Just finished The Wise Man's Fear - Patrick Rothufss,

Starting The Last Mortal Bond - Brian Stavely

Just started reading Other songs by polish author Jacek Dukaj.

http://www.typotex.hu/en/book/6457/jacek_dukaj_other_songs

"The Three-Body Problem" by Liu Cixin

Tek Syndicate threads tee hee ^_^

I have read it, and own a copy of this also for its time the book has some scary possibilities in it.

Right now i am reading Sven Hazel: Wheels of terror. A great series of war books.

The Idea of Race. - By, Robert Bernasconi and Tommy L. Lott

Seven Eves, (Neil Stephenson i think is the author)