What are you reading right now?

Honestly this hyperlink. explains it better than i could the book covers a lot.

Song of Survival, Women Interned ------ by Helen Colijn

"Drachenelfen" by Bernhard Hennen.

Anyone reading Ray Kurzweil stuff? Like How to Create a Mind, and Transcend?
You should.

To summarize a particularly interesting part: we should think about improving ourselves like we were machines able to pop their own hoods and tinker with what's inside.

Things That Must Not Be Forgotten

By Michael David Kwan.

I, Robot by Isaac Asimov.

Any academic book or article I can get my hands on about OECD native's attitudes towards immigration. Guess what I'm writing my master's thesis on..

Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler

That book ist just plain bad. He should have stayed with painting...

3 Likes

He didn't write it anyway. A long time friend, Rudolph Hess, wrote it for him. Hitler only dictated the main points to Hess.

Inventing America, Jefferson's Declaration of Independence. ---- By: Garry Wills

1 Like

I think I'll check out Transmetropolitan. Thanks for the heads up.

4 Likes

Currently reading The Art of Belonging.

Worth a read if you're into that kinda thing or you're depressed and need a change in direction

1 Like

May or may not be related to Rudolph Hess

Just Finished neuromancer again, and Finally started "S." by J.J. Abrams

It is one of the most interesting books I have seen, wish there was more books like this. I love ARGs like the halo "I love bees", the documentary "The Institute" and the such. This book is one of the best book forms of that idea

Deepness in the Sky

Warren Ellis is the man and Transmetropolitan is his most inspired work! It's awesome. Also the Invisibles by Grant Morrison is a really interesting series.

1 Like

For school:

Linux Essentials

Teaches the basic theory of Linux. Also good for learning the file system differences and the way the user accounts act and what permissions are needed for different levels of access.

CCNA Routing and Switching Portable Command Guide

Great for learning the Cisco IOS operating system. Has very good example and situations to help you understand some of the applications for specific commands.

2 Likes