What Are You Reading? / Book Lounge

image image

1 Like

By begining the next upload on the same line as the previous one.

Also you can choose scaling when you hover with the mouse in the preview window.
UUntitled

1 Like

Anything by Chomsky is a good laugh. Enjoy. :smiley:

Recently got this one. Only just started reading the chapter on asyncio, which is rather nice. Helps you snap out of old routines from other languages and think more pythonic.

Here’s what’s on my “top shelf” these next few weeks.

Some is review and rereading, some is reading for the first time.

Going through Jocko’s bible again? Nice.

Yeah. I’m not going to get into it here, but something resonated with me the other day. Realized I had heard it in one of his books. Bought the book I didn’t own the other day.

1 Like

right now I’m reading this module’s book of my college course: software enginnering

last month was databases/sql

Do%20Androids%20Dream%20of%20Electric%20Sheep

Embarrassed to say I’ve never read it before, but making up for it now.

4 Likes

Dude

The ending is nuts. Never felt so bleak

Have fun with it! I’m a fan, too!

3 Likes

Just finished How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe. 3/5 stars, not all that great to be honest. The main character didn’t seem to have a ton of depth, and the ending was a bit lackluster. Still glad I gave it a try though!

Currently reading Guardian Angels and Other Monsters by Daniel H. Wilson. I read and enjoyed his Clockwork Dynasty book, and this piqued my interest!

2 Likes

The bible project also has a great reading plan app. It goes chronologically, and includes their bible project videos where they fit in. It’s helped me a lot to understand the context.

I think it’s just called “read scripture”

2 Likes

This is ideal for keeping focused. If you’re reading it sequentially it can be a tough job. Especially if your book comes with 4pt font.

Welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

Mother in law gifted me MUCH needed bookshelves. My wife is going to paint the other one to match, but I kind of like it lol. The green shelf is ALL fantasy. I have a problem. Sci-Fi, non-fiction, thriller, weird fiction, history, philosophy, and tech books all thrown in on the others :wink: Still have some books on the floor that I’m sorting into a donate pile.

3 Likes

The green shelf is ALL fantasy. I have a problem.

I know! It looks like you’re running low on bookshelves!

2 Likes

FTFY

In all reality that’s dope that you have so many fantasy books, one of the best genres! Do you have a list of the books categorized somewhere… maybe?

1 Like

I was doing this through GoodReads but it got tiresome real quick lol. I’ll see if I can start updating the list.

1 Like

I understand how tiring it can get haha, I just use it for sorting books I’ve read/want-to-read.

Looking forward to seeing what you have, I tend to agree with your tastes!

Started Ubik while I was overseas on holiday…

math%20woman

2 Likes

You on a PKD kick or this your first one?

1 Like

Started it just after finishing off Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, will likely be doing Time Out of Joint next :ok_hand:

1 Like