What are you currently listening to (Non-metal edition)?

2 Likes

I love that movie. Classic Danny Elfman music and score.

My favorite track:

1 Like

Such a brilliant movie and music. Neither Tim Burton nor Danny Elfman was very well known around here when it came out so a lot of people only knew the movie as ā€œan animated doll movie for adults, with singingā€. I dragged some friends to it the the week after the opening week and the movie theatre was almost empty.

2 Likes

I think music videos are great, and some are utterly brilliant. But itā€™s a problem when the video distracts you from the song. Yeah yeah yeahsā€™ new song Wolf is a good example of this. I have to

A classic example for a brilliant video is also Radioheadā€™s Just. Even people who donā€™t care about Radiohead or that song wonders ā€œWhat does the man say in the end of the video?ā€

If you canā€™t stand metal music, turn off the sound because the video is still worth watching. Nekrogoblikonā€™s video to No one survive took them from playing for 20 people (family included), to playing for hundred thousand people at musical festivals. But as many of their videos I have to watch it once for the video and one for the music.

No. Sheā€™s not Icelandic.

This lady is though. The video is made by M dot Strange. Heā€™s not Icelandic, heā€™s just very weird.

1 Like

As a 90ā€™s kid and if you are also youā€™d know this song

I love the transition in the middle where it goes from music video to the ā€œdirectorā€ having to step away, breaking the song and stepping you in the shoes of the situation rather than just watching a music video.And the way she returns to her job pretending nothing is wrong.

And as sheā€™s directing and watching the scene play out, you can tell it hurts her from remembering her past.

Hits differently

2 Likes

nopes, Eivor is Faroese, from SyĆ°rugĆøta.
One of my favs of hers outside her live performance a long time ago of TrĆøllabundin

:heart_on_fire:

a lot of the translations are wrong though, the title of the song translates to ā€œBe mineā€ but most ppl translate it to ā€œMy worldā€ā€¦ its sort of a play on words like rammsteins Du Hast song, but its intended to be ā€œBe mineā€¦my worldā€ so ill do a proper translation : )

here :slightly_smiling_face:

Summary

The beautiful night is an ember. A host of stars, the world awakens. Naked I standā€¦here alone
A man awakens, but is so timid. He carefully approaches and peeks. His hair, dark as seaweed, skin the colour of flint.

Be mineā€¦ ā€œbe my worldā€¦beā€¦mineā€¦be my whole worldā€¦beā€¦mineā€

You back away, afraid, longing for joy. Temptedā€¦ i follow you. Be with me. Ocean and sky are closing in. Your hands trembling excitedly. To you I come. Touch me.

Be mineā€¦ ā€œbe my worldā€¦beā€¦mineā€¦be my whole worldā€¦beā€¦mineā€

The chest I closed, the keys I hid, Crossed myself against all evil. My husband is the sea and The night has passed. Greatful he embraces me, Calls me his treasure. All have gone. I am Alone.

Be mineā€¦ ā€œbe my worldā€¦beā€¦mineā€¦be my whole worldā€¦beā€¦mineā€ sung twice

Be mine ā€œMy skin, my capsuleā€. Be mine ā€œI donā€™t miss itā€. Be mine ā€œA skin, a capsuleā€. Be mine ā€œI will not forget itā€

My skin, my capsule. I do not miss it. A skin, a capsule. I will not forget it.

1 Like

Faroese language is really weird. Somehow more muddled up than Icelandic so it sounds a bit like the Swedish chef to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just had to check if someone had made a Florida man song.

Thereā€™s so many talented people out the who just does songs for fun. Rumors says that Futuristic Sex Robots were going to make another album but some of them got hired by a game company so they had to go serious.

Logan Whitehurst unfortunately left us way too early. How big wouldnā€™t he have been if youtube had been around when he started?

Ha! Found it. I was looking for this a while ago but couldnā€™t figure out what it was called.

This video is soon able to get a driving license in the US.

Tough loss today [Jeff Cook]

Watched a youtube documentary about Peruvian music from the 60s and I think thatā€™s a slightly odd rabbit hole Iā€™m going down tomorrow. The words popping up in my head is psychedelic surf cumbia.

The oil workers dance.

Hereā€™s the documentary

Just some songs from movies.

Killer klowns form outer space, if you havenā€™t seen it, do.

Siouxsie and the banshees and Danny Elfman was featured in Batman Returns.

Gogol Bordello both did this song and Eugene HĆ¼tz is also the inspiration to the character Eugene in Wristcutters: A love store.

Shawn Christensen directed Before I disappear and also wrote the song Sophia, so far for the soundtrack.

Thereā€™s been so much awesome music in Jim Henson movies and tv shows but this is probably my favourite.

I donā€™t really care for the rest of My best friendā€™s wedding, but scene is brilliant :smiley:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like