What are you currently listening to (Non-metal edition)?

Herby Hancock - Chameleon from the classic jazz album Headhunters

2 Likes

Supertramp Crime of the Century 1974

Crime Of The Century

3 Likes

I’ll see your Chameleon and raise you

Herbie Hancock Dis Is Da Drum 1994

Dis Is Da Drum

“Dis Is da Drum is Herbie Hancock’s thirty-ninth album and his first solo album since leaving Columbia Records”

I bought this in I think Borders years ago, when I saw a sticker on it indicating it won a Grammy. Turns out is was a Grammy nomination for best music video for Dis Is Da Drum. Wow what an intense album. Exercises the woofers.

1 Like

Unmeasurable amounts of TRASH

I swear i found the correct headphone for these songs.

1 Like

The Beach Boys Pet Sounds 1966

Wow this has become such in influential album over time and to think it was released in 1966 boggles my mind. It has sealed the legacy of the troubled Brian Wilson as one of the greatest pop/rock composers and producers. Featuring the famous Wrecking Crew including Glen Campbell! and amazing female bassist Carol Kaye. Wilson practically practically worshipped Phil Spectre and his “wall of sound”, and while he was troubled and immature, he was still full of confidence and ambition, and was a musical virtuoso.

Pet Sounds

Art of Noise Whose Afraid of The Art of Noise 1984

Art of Noise

“Art of Noise (also The Art of Noise) were an English avant-garde synth-pop group formed in early 1983 by engineer/producer Gary Langan and programmer J. J. Jeczalik, along with keyboardist/arranger Anne Dudley, producer Trevor Horn, and music journalist Paul Morley. The group had international Top 20 hits with its interpretations of “Kiss”, featuring Tom Jones, and the instrumental “Peter Gunn”, which won a 1986 Grammy Award…Anne: There’s a very big risk in America because they think we’re black; we were voted the second best new black act. We are wondering how we can quite cope with this.”

1 Like

This is a great album. I do put it on every now and then.

1 Like

Found this from a meme

2 Likes

Actually the whole album is great

1 Like

Random Access Memories is a masterpiece, not only the music, but also the way it is mastered, just superb!

My favorite track:

1 Like

Crosby, Stlls, Nash & Young Deja Vu 1970

Released a few months after Woodstock, this hippie vibe album was cobbled together from contributions of Crosby Stills and Nash who had just put out a smash album before Woodstck, with the addition of Neil Young who had been with Stills in Buffalo Springfield. The amazing harmonies and unique guitar work and compositions make this a fantastic “second album” and was followed by 4 excellent solo albums by the 4 musicians.

My favorite track is “Country Girl” by Neil Young.

Deja Vue

Supertramp Breakfast In America 1979

Breakfast In America

1 Like

Taj Mahal Señor Blues 1997

Taj Mahal

1 Like

banger from Samurai Champloo

Found a meme song

Which referenced

And opened me to