What are you currently listening to (Non-metal edition)?

Sorry for the zombiefication of this old post. But this guy right here, BloodDrunk, Also know as Derek Woods, was a dear friend of mine. I only recently found my way to Level1Techs after a long hiatus of waiting for the whole Tek drama fallout. But after seeing this post it made me sad. For those of you whom don't know, Derek, AKA: BloodDrunk, died a few years back. Jan 27th of 2013 to be exact. I don't know how much of the old crew from way back when is still here. Nate, GreenSLi, MeGotRice, etc. Or if they'll ever see this. But just wanted to remember this guy for a moment. He was an awesome guy, could make you laugh using the most messed up sense of humor ever, and generally made every conversation you would have with him, "one to remember". Just taking a moment to honor your memory bro. Which you were still here to comment back on this, or comment in general. For those who would care to see his obituary, I'll leave a link for you here.

4 Likes

I just watched this

and remember how much I love this.

Howard Jones was really good Euro-Synth-Pop and I used to own the vinyl album 'Dream Into Action'. I had never seen the video before and I am impressed by the 1980's computer graphics.

They are no longer a thing. But Maddy has a great voice. She has her own band now, that does pop music instead of rock.

Ronald Jenkees - Try The Bass

New album out the 14th

Sonny's Dream (adaption of Ron Hynes song)

2 Likes

This is one of my "Sorry/Not Sorry, I have to crank this to 11 and I don't care what you think" songs.

The first time I saw Joan Jett I was front row center. After slam dancing to Bad Rep, I yelled out -

"Joan Jett, I wanna have your baby!"

She cracked up.

1 Like

God damn, this is good.

1 Like

Sorry but gotta throw this up as well.

I am so glad I got to see the man himself before he past. RIP Leonard Cohen.

2 Likes

Ryuichi Sakamoto - Merrry Christmas Mr. Lawrence

Smooth hip hop all about some good times.

Lupe fiasco eh? Now you got me thinking about another Lupe that was a fiasco

2 Likes