What are you currently listening to (Non-metal edition)?

english

faroese (tho in this case its more icelandic methinks)

2 Likes

It’s not considered metal, is it?

1 Like

the bit around 06:44 with the dissonance, its so familiar but i can’t place it :thinking:

nopes :smiling_face:

1 Like

Feels like Drony high strung math rock… I’m probably making stuff up, but am here for it
For whatever reason, that standalone got nuked… Album playlist is up tho

1 Like

I don’t know either. Few of their tracks share similarities though, perhaps it’s the same with artists in that genre. It’s one of my favorite albums from them. :orange_heart:

Math rock? Drone would explain the appeal I have for it personally. I already have the album locally myself, I have almost all of their albums though. Keeping backups in case anything happens.

1 Like

Skold is nice. It’s pretty cool how effortless he goes between very different styles of music.

Recently I was relistening to the car. These were my top picks

Saw this recommended by a scanlator

Bouree is great!

1 Like

dave simpson knocking it out the park noodling.
give the earlier track a listen too, he is on form with this one.

As is Skáld :blue_heart: :stuck_out_tongue:

can anyone give us a Skuld or a Skeld, maybe a Skild so we can have a complete collection? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Róisín Murphy, former member of Moloko.

The Pulp Fiction soundtrack

Had to listen to some Rachid Taha.

What? I haven’t posted this? Ok, so the story goes that a young Rachid Taha went to Paris late 70s to watch The Clash. He stumbled upon the band before the concert and gave them a tape with his band Carte de Séjour who played punk rock in Arabic. About a year later The Clash released Rock the casbah. Was it a coincidence or did they inspire one of the greatest bands in the world?
30 years later Rachid made a cover of The Clash song.

You might’ve heard this before, it was in the soundtrack to Black hawk down. Even if he did a lot of raï rock pop he didn’t stay away from heavier beats.

But he always came back to music heavily inspired by traditional Algerian tunes.

Dark disco XII from Greg Deep. Love these mixes. He find some really cool tunes from more and/or less known bands.

The picture for the video is kind of NSFW so I’ll blur it, the music is safe though.

The perfect drummer.

Heard this on the radio

It sounded like a queen song, but I could find any references

This page suggested

1 Like