What are the games that you HAVE to keep installed on your computer?

Arma II Combined Operations solely for the DayZ mod. I don't even play Arma II or Operation Arrowhead.

Urban Terror. Since 2010. urbanterror.info.

GTA: Vice City, and Warcraft 2.

"Arma II Combined Operations solely for the DayZ mod. I don't even play Arma II or Operation Arrowhead."

I should have noted that I just recently did a fresh install of Windows 7. I will likely be installing Counter Strike Source, Skyrim, Duke Nukem Forever and I think that is it for now. I am currently savinf up for a new build and am waiting until then to play certain games I have.

These games haven't left my system since my new build. Some of them have lasted over a decade...

Baldur's Gate 2: SoA, BG2: Throne of Bhaal, Crysis, X-wing vs Tie Fighter, Xwing Alliance, Jedi Academy, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Bejeweled 2 Deluxe, Snood, Bookworm, Resident Evil 5, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Star Trek Armada I & II, Star Trek Starsihp Creator, and last but not least Star Trek Online

L4D1, Dota 2, HON, CS:S and recently a new one - Hoard

Transport Tycoon and Sid Meirs Sims Golf

Opposing Force

Half Life Deathmatch

Thief collection

Left 4 Dead 2

DayZ

Skyrim

I gotta give Thief a try...sad I know, I could've picked it up on Steam two weeks ago for $3.00. 

Civilization 5

TF2

TF2

Minecraft

DayZ

Basically just about every Valve game, Audiosurf, Beat Hazard Ultra, The Dig, Killing Floor, Natural Selection 2

I highly recommend it. I was in love with that game way back when. I basically haven't played it since it was new, but I remember very fond memories of it and would love to play it again.

Medieval 2: Total war

Minecraft, Trackmania Nations, SpringRTS, Football Manager

TF2, Minecraft, Half-Life series, Portal series, and Beat Hazard

Toribash
www.toribash.com

It's a 3d ragdoll turn based fighting game... what more can you say :3

Skyrim, Fallout 3, Minecraft, Halo: Custom Edition, and Terreria. 

All Age Of Empire Games

All Command & Conquer games (except for Command & Conquer 4 as that was well and truly rubbish).

Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout New Vegas

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

Left 4 Dead 1 and 2

Half Life 2.

System Shock 2 (graphics and bugfix mods, few if any gameplay mods)

Original Deus Ex and Human Revolution

SimCity 4

Half-Life series (all except HL2 DM and HL2 Ep 1)

Fallout

SWAT 4

Evil Genius

TF2

Master of Orion 2

Heroes of Might and Magic 3

UT, UT2004

BG2, Planescape Torment

Dungeon Keeper, Dungeon Keeper 2

Crysis, Crysis Warhead (NOT just a tech demo! So much better than Crysis 2.)

Fragile Allegiance

Painkiller Black Edition

Just Cause 2

Civ III

Tribes Ascend

Hard Reset

Tropico 4

Darwinia

Far Cry 2

Bulletstorm

RAGE

I'm serious about the last three. FC2 just has a weird flow to the gameplay, so it's a love-it-or-hate-it kind of game; hypnotically awesome and addictive if you love it, blandly repetitive if you don't.

Most of Bulletstorm's issues are consolitis symptoms, so some of them can be fixed; when it works well it reminds me of Painkiller somehow, the rhythm, I guess. Some of my favorite FPS guns, ever.

Getting RAGE to work was a short-lived hobby of mine. Once I got it working, looking good (as good as it can with the giant fuzzy textures), and running smoothly, it turned out to be a solid, satisfying FPS and probably my favorite combat racing game. My main gripe at this point is having to switch from K+M to controller between the shooting and driving sections. Great shotgun, one of the best in recent memory.

Combined, that's approximately 120gig of games, so the older games (or whichever ones have shorter loading times) usually get moved to my bigger HDD and the more demanding games stay on my SSD. 

Honorable mentions:

Killing Floor

Mass Effect 2

Silent Hunter III and IV

Nox

Supreme Commander

X-COM: UFO Defense

Startopia

Bionic Commando Rearmed

F.E.A.R. and the expansion packs

Magicka

Theme Hospital

Witcher 2 (one of the best games I've ever played, but I don't really need it to be installed, not until I plan for another playthrough.)