What are games you could no life

For years I’ve been thinking about ditching computers and the internet and going back to my old life of books and DS. I dream of this, to be honest, and might actually do it some day. But for now? Nah. In the meantime I can no life the games I used to play.

So whats in your list? I only have 3:

Earthbound
The Original IL2 Sturmovik
Privateer Gemini Gold

I love quake, I love counter strike, I love these games more.

Stardew Valley. Bought that game over a year ago, started playing and when I closed it for the first time, Steam said I had 22 hours played…

3 Likes

Games I used to be able to no life…
Chrono Trigger/Cross
Fallout 1, 2, NV.
Neverwinter Nights

Games I still do no life.
Lufia 2 Rise of the Sinistrals
Final Fantasy 1, 2, 6.
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
Saga Frontier

2 Likes

FTFY bb

Games I no-life:

• Mass Effect anything
  • Witcher series

Yeah, that’s pretty much it. If anyone has suggestions for games that have story on par with the ME franchise, please send them my way so I can send the devs my money.

What can I say, I’m a slut for the plot.

Mass Effect is funny. Every July, without fail, I start a new playthrough. Not sure why, but it’s like clockwork.

5 Likes

Earthbound you heathen.

If needs- to be based in space, Privateer Gemini Gold.

1 Like

I’ll check em out, thanks.

Not a huge retro gamer. It’s one of those things, I think I just got spoiled by 1080p. I definitely appreciate the content, but I don’t usually find myself saying “I’d love to go back and play X N64 game”

1 Like

I’m one of those weirdo’s that would rather have a 3DS for games and a thinkpad for everything else. I keep thinking about selling my steam library for the 7 grand its worth and doing that, and that idea has been ever present lately.

I found privateer on a demo disc in middle school and that game was my life. Earthbound was introduced to me a year later and they have both been parts of my life ever since. If its not your bag I get it, but the personalities of both games are what keeps me, the content is what I enjoy, and the gameplay is what is in my memory. Less nostalgia, more “that game is fucking fun”.

Also Star Citizen pales to the complexity of Privateer.

1 Like

I would also want to go back to the time with my gameboy advance or the DS and play pokemon or games like Mario but it just doesn’t happen anymore. I miss the good old days.

1 Like

Well its not outside of reach.

I’d keep my amiga’s, powerpc macs, and 2 thinkpads, and either burn or sell everything else.

It really isn’t that hard. But, its my willingness to do it that both scares me and excites me.

I might actually do it too, its been nagging at me for like a year. Might keep my desktop macs though. Important to have some horsepower at least.

Damn, 7 grand?! That’s some serious buying. Mine’s at like $1200.

Anyways, yeah, I totally get that notion sometimes too, but I can’t stand to part with about 20 of the 200 games in the library. I just consider it to be an investment in my future entertainment. Especially with my NAS full of individual steam backups. If valve were to ever go belly-up, I’m sure we’d find a way to swing it to play our games.

That’s what I’ve heard. It’s on my list, but that fact alone makes me nervous about getting into it, I don’t have that kind of time on my hands.

I’m gonna give it a go and I’ll let you know what I think. Probably not this week though.

No harm in just throwing some stuff in storage.

I’ve thought about going back to live more frugally, but servers are too much fun to me.

1 Like

Burnout Paradise
Euro Truck Sim 2
Minecraft
FTL: Faster Than Light

3 Likes

Lots of humble bundle.

LOTS OF HUMBLE BUNDLE.

Also one of my retard friends keeps buying everyone in our group games he wants to play, we play them for a week, and then he buys another game.

opens steam library

Uhhhhh

Outside of TF2, Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor, Cities Skylines, and DiRT Rally, I could literally give less of a fuck.

All wing commander games give you a manual. If you’re unsure about something, read the manual. Unlike star citizen, you can figure out your tactics by looking it up in the book. The complexity is in how you play, not so much in operating the ships or nothing like that.

Also true, but then you end up like the sun machines that @kewldude007 gave me and you run out of time to work on them. I even have the fucking thing hooked up and prime to go but I have so much other shit to do.

Makes me feel bad about it man.

Anyways I’m going to bed.

1 Like

Skyrim. It’s not even funny how much time I can spend in this game… The great thing is it have no levels (stages) structure, like my other favorites, Roller Coaster Tycoon or Patapon or whatever. More often than not on the way to one meaningless quest you may start 2 other meaningless quests and just get drawn into the game. I can’t say I had many hours in one go, but the strongest hooks got me to the point where I only wanted to play Skyrim and nothing else…

Aight this pulled me back for a second.

I can res with that a lot. I have a good 1500+ hours in skyrim (though the steam timer reset bug will say otherwise) and I used to have dreams I was wandering around riften. But I will say that eventually the bugs get to me, and the art style is always muddy and same-y. It just drives me nuts eventually. And I guess thats where mods come in but… Ech. They ruin whats there.

1 Like

Well I have a bit of them but they mostly belong to the PS2 era because those games hooked me up more than any game has ever did:

• FFXII
  • Burnout Revenge & Paradise
  • Jak and Dexter 1, 2, 3
  • Ratchet and Clank Gladiator
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted

I’ve had most of those games on my PS2 slim and I’ve played those so much that the print on the disks started discoloring due to the heat that was going trough the console while playing for hours on end.

1 Like

Hallelujah… People say Skyrim vanilla is shit. Really? What game did you fell in love with enough, to care about moding it? I don’t mod Fallout 4 cause I don’t like Fallout 4. I like Skyrim to the point I don’t really want to mod it…
However I disagree with that:

The artstyle is away from samey… With all the different areas, that have different colorschemes and architecture and feel… IDK… I guess after 1500 hours things start to look samey…

2 Likes

For me Mass Effect series, Uncharted series and Metal Gear 1 to 5

2 Likes