What are actually good, free games?

I remember this, I was really looking forward to it but also remember right before release there was some big controversy and backlash that killed it completely. Seems it is all good now but it never recovered. I can’t remember what it was but also can’t find anything about it any more.

Then games like Quake Live and Champions came out and everyone just went back to playing them.

Am i the only one that thinks Quake champions missed the point entirely? I tried it, but the added classes and abilitys took away a big part of what i personally liked about Quake and Unreal Tournament. A Level Playing Field.
I always felt like Quake and UT where the purest form of skill comparison. Now were back to meta-gaming and the class you pick being a factor in wether you win or not.

3 Likes

Yes you are right on that, it is aimed at the new kids playing the likes of overwatch. I do still like it though.

There is Quake Live which is more like 3 Arena but it suffers from community problems where it is just not fun to play, oddly Champions is very civil and enjoyable.

1 Like

Yup, I sucked at those games but I could never complain about something being unfair.
GiT GuD or GiT DeD … a lot. And it was still super fun. CTF-Face alone was enough for half a weekend of a LAN party.

I found it very enjoyable for a while, then the cheater/botter problem got so big, it was cheater vs cheater.

It is a nice game overall, the monetization is quite heavy though.

1 Like

Also, urban terror.

https://www.urbanterror.info/home/

Also vega strike, which is what PGG is built on, as well as many other cool space sims including many star wars and star trek games.

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/

Pan Galactic Gargleblaster?

That looks interesting. Will need to try.

Think quake and cs with parkour

Privateer gemini gold

1 Like

Timestamped:

Here’s a few:

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games

Nah, phones too. The problem is on your side (phone, software version, region, etc)

Razer Phone 2
Android 9
Play Store vers. 17.0.12-all [0] [PR] 273667193

Not plague inc… plague Inc is great… I’m talking about prison architect on mobile…

Then you need to search the Play Store for “Prison Architect Mobile” from Paradox Interactive AB.

Then it IS available but not for your phone.

1 Like

Yeah… Stupid Nokia…

Nokia’s fine. Your phone is just for poor people virgins. Get a chad gaming phone. A new one every year. To play a free mobile game.

4 Likes

My issue with the phone is mostly the music quality… It’s super atrocious. It’s ultra super atrocious…
I don’t really mind the phone other than that. Once Android got used to my use habits it’s fine, but the sound quality is still mega giga atrocious…

Fun side tip, I have this problem with GTA VC and SA, I own both on mobile but am not allowed download them because they are not compatible. If I just get the APK it will download the rest of the game as it should, they are just lazy and have not validated it as working. It works perfectly.

Edit: same for most “tablet only” games. I got a bunch through humble bundles and they install and work fine (they provide the APK files), I think only 1 is genuinely broken on small screens.

1 Like