What are actually good, free games?

Just a suggestion, everything is open to interpretation and subjective.

4 Likes

A matter of taste. Let’s not argue about subjective matters. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was JOKING you sillies… God damn it, almost like Todd Philips was right about comedy being dead… God damn it…

4 Likes

4 Likes

What about old titles that were paid, but now free/ bundled?

Or should it just be “free” to play titles?

I’m fine with either. Just games that require no monetary investment upfront. But now that you say it:

GTA London is actually available from Rockstart for free. I spend far too much time in it when i was younger.

https://www.rockstargames.com/gtalondon/public/intro/index.html

1 Like

I was going to mention that, they used to have 1 and 2 free as well.

I have been really enjoying Quake Champions. It is on Steam but for weeks it was broken and could not log in with no of fort to fix it so I had to go get it again from the Bethesda Launcher.

I installed a Space Invaders clone from the Microsoft Windows Store, still addictive and fun time waster. Back in the day a loot box was where the quarters went when you put them in the slot.
Just reading the Steam reviews is quality entertainment

1 Like

Dirty bomb is a fast pace shooter game. Devs removed the monitization system and is grind for credits only. Only major down side to game is mid december there shutting down the official servers and its going to be 100% on the comunity to rent servers and keep it going. A number of us including some of the devs(upper managment killed development not the devs workong on it) already rent servers and were devoted to keep game running as long as we can.

2 Likes

Should i add all the suggestions to OP, or is it fine as a “running list” of posts?

1 Like

Maybe to stop the OP getting cluttered with boxes and images you could list and link to posts in the thread?

2 Likes

also this is fun with friends. ever wanted to give your buddy a std then go fight a mummy with a sonic screw driver and a wand?
https://www.boardgame-online.com/

6 Likes

Not 100% sure but they might be using cookies on that page.

4 Likes

Tried that. Not sure if it’s actually less cluttered with the way discourse handles internal links.
I’m taking suggestions to make this more readable.

Maybe make a list from a table

Game Description Link
Item 1 3rd Person shooter Link
Game | Description | Link
-|-|-
Item 1 | 3rd Person shooter | [Link](www.url.com)
1 Like

Last time I played I got a reminder displayed about a sale that was going on every few minutes. And while ~90% of the microtransactions are cosmetic, there are also some “comfort” things, like a number of special chest compartments for making currency/essence/material management easier. Microtransactions are to be expected in a F2P game and the amount of content you can play for free looks almost overwhelming, but the prices are insane.

Plus, Tencent is involved (for anyone who’s concerned about China; same goes for LoL from Riot Games).

The OG nexuiz. I played on a server with people from Mexico, and brooo. It was the funnest experience ever. Even tho I sucked at the game.

2 Likes

Seiklus, Knytt (and Knytt Stories) were some of my all time favourite free games and are still worth a go.

seiklus2

Good times… I feel like these kinds of games exploded after Cave Story was released, then TIGSource came along, and now… Nada :[

A very incomplete list of Honorable mentions:

I honestly prefer old games for cheap over any free to play title.
If you are paying nothing, that is probably how much it is worth.

3 Likes

I’ve sunk about 200 hours in MTG Arena, it’s good stuff… spent like $10 on it though.