What am3+ mobo?

I'm debating getting the Asrock 990fx extreme 3 because of the price point, and the Asus m5a99 evo and pro?

which one should i get? pros and cons of getting the asrock or asus.

I would go with the Asus M5a99fx.  For AM3+, Asus is the preferred brand because of their reliability.  I own an Asus board on my AM3+ system myself (Full specs in my bio).  Works great!  Overclocks like a charm, bios is clear and easy to use, really easy to update to latest bios.  Your money would be better spend on a quality motherboard because when you think about it, it's the part that delivers power to all your parts.  You want it to be as reliable as possible.  

What CPU are you getting?  If your getting an 8 core, The M5a99fx would be great for it because of the 6+2 power phase design suits it better.  The Asus M5a97 (The one I use) has a 4+2 power phase design.  It can run an 8 core but if you want to slightly overclock, a 6 core would be better suited for that specific motherboard.  It's cheaper too.  About the same price as the Asrock.  

-Cheers.  

Asrock 990FX extreme 3 is RUBBISH. ☺

i already have a 8350, and i plan on getting a h100 and using it

Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0 is a good choice.

If you can save a bit of extra you should look at the Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, I have one, and its FX9590 ready so you know its a good OC board. Between the two listed tho, ya M5A99FX is the way to go.