What 240mm Radiator Should I Buy?

I'm looking to upgrade my cooling solution from the Akasa Venom Voodoo CPU Cooler to a 240mm radiator solution.

Options:

I have the Enermax iVektor Mid Tower which has 240mm radiator support and I want to get to 4.7-5.0GHz with my AMD FX 8370 Black Edition and want a nice liquid cooling solution that is closed loop.

I like the way the Corsair H105 has a circular block and I could color the rings to match my PC color scheme.

The Enermax Liqtech on the other hand I know will work just fine in the case but it's not the prettiest block.

What's your recommendation, what should I go for?

The corsair coolers are nice and I have put them on several builds that had mild overclocks. Get the corsair closed loop. I'm sure you are aware of the silicone lottery, and that your chip may not be capable of those speeds. Better cooling doesn't always mean you can reach your overclocking goals. Good luck!

-Brian Timothy

The corsair coolers are nice and I have put them on several builds that had mild overclocks. Get the corsair closed loop. I'm sure you are aware of the silicone lottery, and that your chip may not be capable of those speeds. Better cooling doesn't always mean you can reach your overclocking goals. Good luck!

-Brian Timothy

I'm aware of the silicone lottery and I'm aiming for 4.7GHz which is only 0.3GHz more than the 4.4GHz it currently runs at on air on auto voltage and the highest temp it gets to is 55-60c under Prime95 after an hour so it should get to 4.7GHz with no problems hopefully.

The Cooler Master 240M is nice.

The block looks cool but I want something like the H105 but I'm unsure how thick the radiator & 4 fans will end up being so I want the best I can squeeze in. The radiator mount is resesded up to give me more room but might not be enough still for a push pull.

So I've done some more research and the Enermax Liqtech is thiner than the H105 so my options might change to a H100/i if I am to use push pull. I'm still no better off with my decission on what to go with. Which is better for what I'm trying to do?

This thread is quieter than I though it would be! Does anyone have a suggestion of which radiator I should buy?

I'd get the H100i. Infact.... I DID get the h100i. xD

It's not that big in push/pull. I was able to cram that exact setup into my Corsair Carbide Air 240. You can see it on my profile.

Good luck on the decision!

It looks like it might be to big to do a push pull in the top of my case. I may be able to fit it in if the resedsed mount set it far enough away from the motherboard. Else would the H105 perform better in just push setup than the H100i or will it be worse because more air pressure is needed to push the air past the deaper fins.

Well Logan just answered my question:

http://youtu.be/gbQG0-Gosww

Guess the Enermax Liqtech it is.

not only do they look better but their fins are a lot stronger. enermax recently came out with a new updated cooler as well. i would buy this if i didnt already have a 540 magicool 

http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_1&lv0=49&lv1=50&no=289

Style won over form in the end and I went for the Corsair H105, mainly because of the water blocks design. I just didn't like the water block on the Enermax Liqtech 240 and for that reason I went with the Corsair H105, as it's not that much different in temps.

I almost made the wrong choice though as it almost didn't fit as the fans just covers the CPU PWM header. But luckily the wires were thin and it fit snugly under the fan with the other fan just misses the RAM DIMM's by 2mm so it was very close.

Also the achieved OC is 4.52GHz on the quietest fan speed setting reaching 52°C after 2 hours on Prime95.

At 4.6GHz Core #7 failed after 7-16 minutes so I clocked it back to 4.52GHz. I couldn't get it above 4.6GHz without Turbo Boost which I could get a stable boost of 4.7GHz but that's not exactly what I wanted.

I could probably get more if I ramp up the fans to 100% but it's to noisy. So that's only for when I intend to game on it because I do a lot of coding and general chatting to friends online with the occasionally a bit of gaming.

This upgrade was to help keep my CPU cooler under load as I run benchmarks often to see if new parts or drivers have improved the PC's general performance.

I'm just glad you didn't go with the h100i, too many questionable issues on that one. Would have honestly suggested the Swiftech h220-x myself, as it can turn into a custom loop that can add a gpu and an extra rad if you wish.

One thing about the corsair is that if you still need more efficiency, you might want to think of upgrading the fans to something stronger and perhaps pressure optimized. Noctuas are a bit more expensive but run very silently and are very efficient. Likely, if you ask around, people can give you a list of cheaper alternatives.