Wendell's New Toy: The Prusa i3 MK3 3D Printer | Level One Techs

I find the fusion 360 covers my needs, fo functional parts, sometimes sketchup for simple block design items. mostly just pushing 3d models of any kind into cura and away we go. even on a lowly Ender 3.

Blender can also be used to build models for 3D printing but I tend to use OpenSCAD since I feel like I have more control.

I have been using a 3D printer at my place of work, a library, for teh past four years. We bought a Makerbot Replicator 5th ed in 2013. I dealt with all the teething issues that printer had, but it was working like a champ for the past four year.

I think the nex printer I will recommend for teh library is a Prusa, but I might wait until the Prusa makes a Mrk4. then again I might need one sooner and in that case I will get a Mrk 3 w/ Multi Material Upgrade 2.0. After over four years with a single extruder printer, even on like teh Makerbot 5th ed, which CAN start switch material mid-print, I see teh utility of the MMU 2.0.

I would DEFINITELY love to see more 3d printing content from Level One Tech! I watch the other 3d channels of course, but I think Wendle is amater for explaining tech and his procedure for ‘working issues’ on tech.