That thread is not for memes

1 Like

@Justatree make a thread

1 Like

This thread is fantastic

7 Likes

wendellwag

20 Likes

That finger wagging had me thinking of this.

2 Likes

i was actually gonna shop it into that scene lol

I am sorry Wendell. I did not mean to watch tv.

This is perfect! Thank you jajaja going to add this to my meme folder

1 Like

Forgot sudo… smdh

This thread made my firefox CPU usage to go to 600% not kidding…

Switching to vivaldi… works flawless…

Woah… at some point I thought my computer was toast.

1 Like

Came to watch Linus humiliate himself. Got surprised by a wild Wendell instead.

3 Likes

I call BS on what Sony claims (or any other company)

• Intel 3D-Xpoint (aka Optane) has super low response times
  • AMD Vega has the HBCC, wich may sound gimicky, but could stream data from even a network location (AFAIK)
  • You could uncompress the whole game to cache on a SAN, then hook your gaming machine up to it with 400gb networking gear (try this with your console…)

Combine all the above and jump through software hoops of hell, but what loading screen are you talking about?

They are not talking about loading screens, they are talking about asset streaming.

Also not sure what Point 2 and 3 have to do with a supposedly best-in-class SSD. Because both of those methods would be glacial even just compared to a SATA SSD.

I think we are off-topic, so move maybe?

Point 2 is specifically about Vegas HBCC being having loads of options, even if they do not make sense. It can stream in data from RAM, Storage or Network.
Point 3 is about options the platform refered to as “PC” has. Completly nuts to do that for gaming, but some workloads need it.

Yes, those are options, but they still don’t make sense in the context of a “best-in-class” statement about NVMe SSDs :thinking:

What is best?
Capacity?
Latency?
R/W speed?

Conext is that you can stick 24 NVMe SSDs into a sever and run into a CPU bottleneck on a 24 core Epyc.
So some other component needs to be in the chain.

@Eden or @sgtawesomesauce could you move the PS5 tech-talk to a seperate thread? I do not want to derail this one.