Well, there goes my SSD

I don’t do such things to those 5 guys… They ugly…

It’s 3:30 am, I’m tired, sleepy and my PC just pooped itself… I may have missed some stuff…

1 Like

I haven’t flag you…

1 Like

Takes 3 normie flags to hide being hidden that quick = leader or higher flag

I’m looking at the crazy cheap SX9000 and I wonder why is it so cheap…

PS: ah, because it’s 2017…

You’ll never notice the extra speed on a NVME. If you’re price-conscious, and it sure as hell seems like you are, go for extra storage not NVME. I suggest a 500GB SATA crucial MX500, WD blue, or if you’re feeling fancy a samsung 860 evo. They all cost around $70 USD on amazon.

3 Likes

I can go ADATA SU630 or SU650 for much cheaper (55€), but I do want an NVME for boot drive for the speed… And a bit for the bragging…

1 Like

You’ll notice running out of space pretty damn quick, as I’m sure you’re aware having been constrained to a 64GB drive, while the extra speed on NVME only matters in benchmarks. But do what you feel best.

1 Like

To be completely honest, I never had a space issue with the 64gig drive. I am seriously considering getting the 120GB SX6000 drive, since it’s rated 750MB read and is priced just as cheap as the 120GB SATA drives that are rated 550MB read…
Sure, it ain’t much of a difference, but it’s still faster for the same price…

Yes, but with more space you can fit more than your OS on the drive. You can put games there, and it helps a ton with loading times. Anyway, I’m sure whatever you buy will be fine. Just try not to do anything to your old drive except cloning off it, so you don’t lose your data.

1 Like

I don’t think I will be doing that…
I will do fresh install and just try and recover the Firefox password and login files if possible… Honestly I don’t care about anything else on the SSD…

Ahh that’s even easier then. You’re good to go.

1 Like

I just have to decide between the small and decent SX6000 128G or large and crazy fast SX8200Pro 256G…

I can afford the large fast drive, not really sure why I’m hesitating…

Because parting with money is never easy lol

3 Likes

That’s true and probably that’s the reason why the idea of getting a dirt cheap 120G SATA drive just to scrape by is going in my head…
It’s 4am… I better go to bed now…
Will think about this tomorrow…

1 Like

There goes nothing…
I just placed an order for SX8200 Pro with a couple little things I needed to clean up my build, so my guess is, Saturday, or at the very worst - Monday I will have a blazing fast NVMe drive I won’t be able to utilize…

56€ for couple brackets, cable adapters and the SSD…

2 Likes

You’ll enjoy the NVME drive for sure! 6 years is a pretty good running time for an SSD though!

1 Like

Considering it had 2 years warranty and was an old model even back when I got it - I’m happy with it…
I tried to take care of it as much as I could. Used it as boot drive only, software on it, yes, but no games, no caching files, no constantly writing on it.
I can replace it completely for 16€ with the same exact drive, but I honestly see no use in 64gig drive now that I will have an NVME…

1 Like

You got some shitty luck Pete. Welcome to the nvme boot drive club.

1 Like

I dare not complain. I can afford to buy a new one right away… Large fast new one. Yeah, it’s inconvenient, but what the hell … It could have been much worse. The CPU could have died… God forbid the AIO leaking onto the GPU and all drools on the PSU… I can’t afford any of those new…
The SSD - I was looking at 8200 pro anyways. Now I have an excuse to buy it :slight_smile:

They should last longer than that but I guess it was still early for SSDs going mainstream. I have a couple of Kingston v300s that are at least that old and they show no signs of stopping yet. I hope this one lasts you longer.

1 Like