Welcome to Networking Hardware

Hello everyone. I did made the request for the networking section here on TekSyndicate. I will be here to help with the people who want to know more about networking. I will try to do my best to answer any questions you may have. I might use some of the questions to fuel my brain for tutorial ideas and video inboxes. If you have any suggestions for a tutorial, let me know. I will see what I can put my knowladge to. Thanks!

If Logan didn't, you should ask him for Mod rights over the Networking part of the forum.

done!

Might I suggest a 'how-to' for securing a home network. IE: I went from an old WEP w/ password and visible SSID (ten years ago) to WPA2-PSK, Hidden SSID, and White List Mac address filter.

Logan,please move everything on PF Sense to here, Thanks.

I shall get started on that. I'll be using a netgear router for a lot of my tutorials. Might use packet tracer for some of them. LOL

Maybe something on configuring routers and such. 

I was wondering the other day how ISPs give you access to the net, here n New Zealand it's most over the phone lines, so faith inking there must be some way to by pass them and use some random DNS.  Of course I wouldn't plan to et something like that up perminate lay but after watching a dock on phone phreaking I guessed there had to be some way.

I'm not quite sure if this is specific to me, but this is what appears.

http://imgur.com/a/7ZZK2

It depends on what type of routers there are, and you can change DNS Servers on your router. It's quite easy