Welcome to Level1 Devember!

Hopefully this last minute registration still counts!
I’ll try to program a web-app using rust (among other things)

2 Likes

Hope so too, I ran into this post quite late

Going to write a project of mine (that was in gestation) in Rust to learn the language and work on something lower level than my typical web app stuff for a change.

2 Likes

Devember Challenge is to finally get a domain and proxy my services the right way. I should be able to host my blog on my home server and migrate it way from github pages.

My Github
My Blog

More info in my Devember Post:

4 Likes

Hey hey everyone,

I’m a new forum user, and long time Level1 lurker. In my day job I support development teams. Background in systems engineering. Outside of that I’m I guess I’m a developer hobbyist.

For my Devember 2020, I’m looking at solutions to managing my recipes.

3 Likes

Welcome.

1 Like

Greetings,
I have decided to make a full stack diary app.
I do software development for a job, but we are mostly big data/ai focused. I used to do web development for fun at University, so I though I would revive that for Devember.

1 Like

Oops forgot to post here!

The purpose of my devember project is to create a mqtt application to expose controls of Windows computers from a local non-cloud smarthome environment (cloud is equally possible with this app though). This will allow me to learn c#/windows forms (new language/environment for me). I’ve thus far developed a fully functional app that has been running stable for a few weeks now.

3 Likes

Being late doesn’t matter, the point is to motivate you, to get something done.

Though, don’t necro 6 months later :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, I’m working on something specific to a niche. A while ago you probably heard buzzwords like Big Data and Hadoop most of that field now is called Data Engineering and lives mostly on relational databases.

Objective:
I’m working on an IDE plugin for one of the first SQL frameworks for data engineering/science if you can call it that.

I work with this stuff as part of my day job and this is more to check out something fun like Rust and develop better dev skills. I hope you guys can help me by checking out my work and giving me some much needed feedback.

2 Likes

I am creating a site that ranks Tech Leakers by historical accuracy. (too new and not allowed to post link to it at #developers:code )

2 Likes

Hey there, I went ahead and bumped you up a rank. Welcome to the forum

You should be able to post links now.

3 Likes

I’ve been a Linode customer for many years (2014 was when I migrated clients) and always had great service. While I can’t claim credits for #devember2020 I have been learning to make Wireguard VPNs and sharing them with family and friends. I’ve got it down to a 5 minute deployment but plan to totally automate this by the end of the month.

With a remote Xmas looking likely the least I can do is secure communications a bit better and avoid ISP internet slowdowns. For interesting projects check out algo vpn.

2 Likes

As you may have noticed, this did not happen. I am 90% tied up in my Uni project which has absolute priority over any hobby.

I also can’t do hard mental work 12 hours per day. Makes my brain turn into mush.

2 Likes

Shush you… December just started, keep trying…
It’s like me saying look, I was making something but I failed miserably…
Just keep on keeping on…

2 Likes

My uni project will likely take till mid January, then exam phase happens. Devember 2021 looks like a realistic target. :neutral_face:

I am studying from home mate.

2 Likes

Germany have not been locking down like my country is I guess…

1 Like

My Devember project is to finish my prototype self-hosted clip sharing application so other people can easily deploy and make use of it.

1 Like

Hope it’s not too late to join! I’m building an expandable 6502 based computer and some expansion cards to go along with it.

3 Likes

I’m creating a music looper as a webpage, building on my existing Web Audio API based HexaBoard instrument.

2 Likes