Welcome to Level1 Devember!

I’ve been struggling with “learning to code” for the whole 2020, now I’m coding everyday and enjoying the heck out of it

it was fairly unexpected and I’m in love with css

4 Likes

It’s always great when you find something that naturally fits into the way you frame things.

2 Likes

I need to update my thread, I’ve done a bunch of stuff lol.

5 Likes

I should probably get back on it huh?

2 Likes

See my update in our chat

2 Likes

I hear the L1 team talking a lot about prizes and videos and winners and stuff - but I am having a hard time finding the info on any of this.

Does anyone know if there’s a competition associated with Devember in some way?

1 Like

So here is the link to my blog post (okay I guess I am not allowed to post links since I am so new??). It is one of my first python projects since learning the code and it is a way to tell Jeff Bezos that he sucks.

I am 22 years old, relatively new to the channel and brand new to the community. I hope you guys find this humorous and interesting.

I left all of this mostly the same but I guess the actual post has been tagged. Let me know if there is a way that I can post my link if that is absolutely required to submit into devemeber.
Anyway
Happy Devember!

2 Likes

Hi there!
I made a file rename utility for Linux using Python and GTK + Glade. Thanks to Devember for getting me motivated to learn GTK + Glade and produce something that I personally find useful.

4 Likes

It’s a devember minecraft server

1 Like

Hi All! Thank you LVL1 for this Linode Credits, has help so much.
I now have a Server running SSH access only, VPN so I can access my home network (another linux server) from anywhere, created Coturn server for testing software, playing with SQL security and developing a Teamviewer custom hosting/server platform.

I also run a small IT business as a day job.

Happy coding!

Just a problem I’ve encoutered, nginx running dotnet app trouble, nodes keep dropping connection, restarting nginx get some, at random none or all. Don’t worry I’ll probably have to do some re-coding of dotnet or break out a docker.

Keep it Level 1!

3 Likes

what?

1 Like

Wish I could find time for the Minecraft server, too many things to do before people start back to work. Independant IT operator like myself needs to have good, trustworthy tools.

Found MeshCentral on Github, great work which I am impressed with the code. Looking to add some functionality to it, as a pet project.

I’m so glad Level 1 put me on to Linode, I am going to about €500 next year in operational costs.

Soon as I start making money, I throw some meshcommander teams way.

1 Like

My Devember project isn’t exactly using any web technologies, but can I still take part?

If yes, my project is PACT.
PACT stands for Process Affinity Control Tool .
It’s a tool that allows you to section off different processes in to different cores/threads on your CPU automagically.

Here is the forum post for more info:
https://forum.level1techs.com/t/pact-2-0-your-cpu-your-processes-your-control/166641

1 Like

Of course it can. Devember is about doing!

1 Like

I got this done:

Managed to get grafana running with influxdb and mongodb exporter, For the production https://keyb.io site. Still hoping to get mongodb queries added but the only project that can do it is not dockerized but I might take over the repo and fix it up.

Some of the grafana screens below, the big one is the AWS billing one :grimacing: I have fixed some of the server sizes and downscaled on dedicated gateways. So hopefully next month it will be cheaper by more than half.

I am still working on actually moving keyb.io from aws ecs to k8s as the pricing has not been any better this month :frowning:

2 Likes

Created a site to keep up on Tech Leaks for my Devember project. I needed the practice, constructive advice is appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

Devember forum badges should be all handed out now.

Let me know if you are missing yours, it’s possible someone was missed.

Also, the prize pool has been (partially) announced:

2 Likes

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

The Judgening IS UPON US!

Last call to get any final changes/updates in, make sure your links are good, or update your post to better describe. Bonus points if you give us an update of where you are now in your project with something like

Edit: January 6, 2021 – I got this done __________ … I am still working on ___________ Because OBVIOUSLY a programmer’s work is never done.

as an edit toward the end of your previous devember post.

It’s okay if you aren’t totally done. We are looking for you having done a lot of work, obviously, but we understand not everything will be perfect necessarily.

Good luck everyone! And thanks for participating!!! Y’all rock these projects are MIND BLOWING. We have the best audience ever :smiley:

Final Judgeninging is happening this Friday/Over the weekend, and winners will begin to be announced next week.

Remember, one of the big prizes up here are the Linode hosting Credits, but some of the hardware prizes are pretty killer too.

Big thanks to Linode for making this happen!

9 Likes

Late posting! I missed Devember- Presenting Jobless January! Building a 10-100w distributed arm based transcode cluster

TLDR; I’m a student, so missed devember (:sob:) and with the current world situation, I lost the job I use to pay for being a student (:disappointed:). All this to say I have more time on my hands than I expected, so time to update my lab and learn something new! So let’s build a distributed, load balanced multimedia processing cluster that teaches me: Cuda, ffmpeg, aarch64, nodeJS/kubernetes, distributed computing optimization and how to manage a large project

The thread documenting my progress is over here: I missed Devember- Presenting Jobless January! Building a 10-100w distributed arm based transcode cluster

And the repository tracking everything is over here!

1 Like

Here is a project that I started for devember; A vampire number generator. Unfortunately it took a little longer to reach a good enough state, but I kept developing and improving it and currently it’s the fastest implementation I have come across:

4 Likes