Weird blackout/whiteout after installing new GPU

So I just installed a 5700xt yesterday and about half the time I boot into windows like 30-60 seconds later my screen goes black for like 10 seconds, then it goes white for maybe 20 seconds, then it goes back to normal except if I have a window open it might stay unresponsive and I have to close it and reopen. Any idea how I can fix this?

I have new drivers installed. I uninstalled nvidia drivers, although if I go in the control panel and in the unistall program folder, the Nvidia driver still shows there, and if I try to unistall it again it takes like 3 seconds and says successfully done, but still shows up as a program there.

Ah shit, well if you’re switching from Nvidia to AMD, theres sometimes some stuff that is left over between driver installations. Theres a tool for this… lemme see if I can find it quick, otherwise someone else comment on what the complete driver stripping utility is I don’t remember the name off the top of my head.

DDU!!!

Try this.

Remove any video drivers that have anything to do with nvidia, remove the AMD drivers, and try again.

1 Like

Do you have enough power and the latest driver?

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.