Webhosting options

Hey everybody,

I am in need of getting a domain and a host for my "professional portfolio". It is required by my college and yadayadayada...

Website is complete. I just need to get the domain and a host. I stumbled across an old Inbox video discussion how equally terrible they are all.

Right now I am looking at in order:

1. BlueHost

2. DreamHost

3. iPage

Just wondering if any of you have any experience with any of these or could offer input on your experiences using these or other hosts.

Thanks and have a nice day,

- Mr.Twista

1and1 is good for purchasing a domain through just because they keep everything private.  Godaddy is affordable if it is for school and you don't plan on keeping it long you can purchase a website builder/hosting and a domain through go daddy for about 12 dollars for a year so if it is for school and you don't plan on keeping your website up long go daddy is an option but if you plan on keeping the website up for a long time i would go with bluehost they are amazing out of all of the rest that are awful

I use inmotionhosting.  No real problems, supports is adequate for the most part.

Thanks guys! I will probably take the 12 dollar a year go daddy route :D

I agree pretty well with this lifehacker post. http://lifehacker.com/5911651/five-best-web-hosting-companies

If you are going to buy a lot of domains and manage them etc. I would recommend namecheap.com and gandi.net