Web site not connecting

I always seem to have problems connecting to this site and often just get a blank page and it can take a few goes for it to turn up. Is it just me ?

1 Like

Most likely.

As this works for those of us on the E/W coast.

The site is cached by CloudFlare, if that will give you anything for further digging.

I will add that this happens in Ireland too, semi frequently. A few times a month, a refresh usually clears it but sometimes it is down for the day, never thought to try shift refresh.

I also sometimes get the blank page when loading the https://level1techs.com/ main page. (I’m in Finland.)

Chrome just loads for a while, and I get a blank page with no content (or HTML). Happens around 1/4 to 3/4 of the time, and if it happens once, chances are it takes at least a few reloads to get the actual page. Or I give up and return a few hours later.

EDIT: Shift refresh doesn’t do any better than regular refresh - at least I haven’t found it to reliably load the page.

EDIT2: Just now, I returned to the site after 30 minutes, and it took 10 tries to get the page to load.

1 Like

Am in the UK and see it’s not entirely unknown

1 Like

As an update to this continuing problem, I seem to have found a workaround.

When the site refuses to load:

1. Press reload.

2. Interrupt the reload (from the “X” that replaces the reload button).

3. Press reload again.

This has worked for me for about a month. Today I got the problem for the first time on mobile Chrome (Android), and it worked there, too.

1 Like

I have that problem from time to time, I just paste the link into a new tab and it works.

Didn’t had a single problem ever, with the website or this forum. Was also very active past few days. Very strange behavior. Central Europe/Slovenia.

I second that. (western side of central europe)

Ionky used the site as a mean to take a look around at what was news and drive a few views. But happened regular enough that I have just given up and have a direct shortcut to the forums now.

The forums never had a problem loading. Just the L1T website.

I still have this issue… just wondering if this is going to be addressed.

forum.level1tech.com loads completely fine.

level1techs.com just loads a blank screen and despite numerous refresh attempts will still have trouble. Even once I’ve loaded it I can’t seem to smoothly navigate from “Videos” to “Articles” and back to the home page without some sluggishness or just another blank screen.

If anything I’ll have to copy/paste the URL into a new tab and see if it works and start the trial & error all over again.

1 Like

Yes, me too. Problem persists, although it’s intermittent, and sometimes the site loads fine.

Yesterday or the day before (I don’t remember which) I was unable to load the site no matter what I did - my usual workaround of interrupting the page load didn’t work.