Wearables and heart-rate. Long term context research

Recently I started a study on long term context of a user. For that I concentrate on android Wear specifically; I am looking into heart rate sensors. My goal is to map the users heart rate over a extended period. After collection I would then focus on error correction and data reduction, resulting in an analysis specific to the user.

In order to make this possible I would need 'continuous readings from a smart wearable'; meaning that i need at least a heart rate reading every 5-10 minutes. Since I am new to the smart watch/wearables I thought I'd ask a few questions here.

1. I am looking into the Huawei watch, but this model does not offer an always on heart rate sensor. Would it be possible to produce an app that measures a pulse every 5 minutes and sends that data to an app on a phone?

2. I've read that the first gen moto 360's readings were awful, but that the second gen has significantly improved on bringing accurate readings (every 5 minutes which is extremely useful for my research). What is your opinion on measuring heart rate data with a smart watch. Is it mature enough to use?

3. Lastly, I am looking into all sorts of wearables. For example Fitbit, polar etc for more enthusiastic users. But the internet is huge, and I am looking for some opinions on what platform to choose. Currently I am looking into Fitbit, Polar (with a personal app for this project), and an android wear device (currently moto 360) If you have an opinion or a suggestion please do so in the following format: Model + brand ; programming interface (how easy is it to retrieve data) ; strong positives and negatives of the device.

Keep in mind I need to access the heart rate data. So if there isn't a platform available to receive the data besides a native app It won't be of use.

Thank you for reading! Looking forward to the comments!

Most wearables have a platform that can display data that is usually on mobile, however some can have a web interface using RSS.

You can write an RSS feed in most languages that can just capture the data, but I'm not 100% sure that any of the wearables you suggested have RSS feeds.

Look into it.