Wattage

I feel like this question has been asked 100 times and answered 100 times, but how do I figure out how much wattage my machine will need? 

Post your build

watts the question?

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM RPM 16MB Cache

Memory: Mushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) 

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core

Graphics Card: HIS IceQ H787Q2G2M Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Another question too, is this a good build? I am at $709.95. Could I do without the graphics card too, atleast for maybe a month.

I have a case too, which brings it up to $709.95

watt?

at the moment i would say a 80+ 550w power supply depending on future proofing and budget.... as to price i'd say someone elses advice would be best unless your from Australia 

i'm basing it off what info you have above from this sight 

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

I want something that allows me to upgrade a lot, but I want to know how to figure it out myself too.

550W is good for a single card setup, as twoexcess said. If you want to upgrade in future, get 750W. That will allow for a CFX or SLi setup

Thank you very much!

tdp of cpu+gpu(give or take 5% for oc)+ maybe 20 watts for the mobo 25 watts per hard drive 5 watts per ssd

Dont skimp on the psu, have headroom so your psu is in its high efficiency range. Seasonic, corsair, xfx, silverstone. 600w would be a minimum that i would go. Plenty of decent psu's at comfortable enough prices. High amps on a single 12v rail is what to look at.

Great gpu you have chosen. That design heatsink of HIS is awesome.

That seagate hdd is terrible though, will be a real slug for an os drive. Grab either a fast hitachi or wd black if you dont grab an ssd.

Best of luck.

550W/650W 80+bronze from a decent brand is  good enough. XFX seasonic etc..

For the rest the build looks good, i have also a HiS Radeon 7870 GHZ, but not the iceQ till now im happy with it, But if you can find a 7870XT for arround the same price, then i could recommend to pick it up. 7870XT is  better then a normal 7870, its based on the tahiti Le chip, its basicly a 7930.

Grtz Angel ☺