Wattage for Dual 4870x2 cards

Sup guys Im new to the forums and am about to build my second computer my only concern about the new build though is how much power it needs. In reviews I've read the recommended amount of power to have is 800 watts to support both cards. Knowing this I dont know how much extra wattage I will need for everything in total my Options are a 1000-watt or a 1250-watt Cooler Master Power Supply I just wanna know if the 1000 watt will cut it or not before I dish out the extra dough for the power that I may never use. Thanks In Advance...

yes, it'll cut it, nothing really needs more than 1000w

welcome sty1ez. also, don't forget about the amps!! that stuff can sometimes sneak up on you and make you mad when you buy everything and find out the amps aren't enough to power up those mammoths. but yea, your 800 watts should be enough, unless you're running like a dumb powerful overclocked quad core cpu, 5 hdds and a couple dvd burners, an absurd amount of fans and liquid cooling, etc etc.. if you've got a standard setup 1-2 hdds, 1 dvd burner, antec 900ish case, you'll be fine.

edit: yo evo, did you use the forum link url to paste that speedtest.net link into your sig? mine isn't working.. >:(

i think he's saying he saw that it needs 800w, not that he has a 800w PSU

[b]*edit*[/b] nvm, i just actually read what you wrote, yes i used the forum link, you have to put in your password at the bottom when you update ur sig, that got me too.

ohhhhhhhh gotcha, hahaha

thanks dude.

Well my build is as follows

Project [Biorhythm/Black Dawn]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Exterior Components}

Chassis(Case) Cooler Master HAF 932 ($179)

($60 will go towards Red case fans)

Monitors

Primary

[1x] -Acer 24"- P243WAid ($439)

Secondary

[3x] -LG 22"- W2242TQ-BF ($913.14)

Sound + Speakers

- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional ($143)

+

Logitech Z-5500 Home Theatre Speakers ($275.72){Bought}

{Interior Components}

Motherboard

Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe WiFi-AP Motherboard ($268 )

Power Supply

Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1000W ($280)

CPU (Processor)

AMD Phenom X4 9850 2.5 GHz ($280)

Memory [2x] OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 (1066MHz) Reaper HPC CrossFire Certified Edition 2x1024MB ($165)

Video Card(s)

[2x] Sapphire HD 4870x2 2048MB GDDR5 (1st = $643){Bought} (2nd will cost = $643-660)

Storage

[4x] Western Digital 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB [WD5000AAKS] ($342)

Optical Drives

Pioneer DVR-216D SATA ($34)

Cost is like around 4,500

4 monitors is overkill, what are you planning to do with this thing? Edit photos, Play Games, Browse the web, and what rices videos? at the same time?

who the hell is rice??

its a person on the forums named MeGotRice

sure 4 monitors is overkill but who cares, i'd do it if i had the money, would i be using all 4 of them? no, but it sure would look cool, and isn't that what the E-Penis is for?

oh megotrice yeah I've seen his videos.... yeah and the the monitors are for multitasking the 24 is the primary for movies and games... and the 3 are for video editing that I will be getting into and I also trade currencies for profit and you always gotta be watching that thing or else your can miss some easy money.

that's uhh... some pretty pricey stuff lol

i'd never go amd ever again. but if you like amd, go for it!

-still lol'ing@4 monitors

the extra three are still big as fuck. (i'm dying to get a 24" monitor) but hey, it's your money, so you'd better make sure you enjoy the parts you're spending big money on.

rofl@"what rice does." this should serve as a good example..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDGCuy0Zc8I

uhh u guys sure 1000w is enough. I mean at max load the 4870x2 drawns 440watts of power. Think bout that whens hes like playin crysis or something when his whole system is using max load. Also the guy has 4 SATA hardrives, and a sound card. I would be think 1250W.

BTW one 24' screen and three 22' wouldnt that look kinda of odd?

maybe....one 22 of each side and a 22 on top of the 24?