Watercooling

Has anyone here attempted a build without a res?

Could in theory be done.
I would advise using a small one (maybe front 5.25" bay?) or a long length of tube from a T-fitting to keep water levels steady.

2 Likes

yes, if you can avoid it i would. it makes filling and bleeding the loop 1000x more painful

My current build does not have one

3 Likes

Bay Rez was the way to do it a few years ago, back before cases were made with water cooling in mind. Tube rez was too big and every case had a 5.25 bay.

1 Like

Running without a res doesnt change much; it is still important to make sure that there is always fluid at the pump. Beyond that, you should be good.

1 Like

Ok, I’m doing one right now without res

You don’t need one. I used to run all my loops with just a T-line.

1 Like

Ever run a petg build straight distilled? I know ptnuke will kill the mayhems UV blue… The nickel blocks I know, have a some effect on algae.

not true, you may not be able to ensure no air bubbles, like with a proper rez, but if its the lowest point would have to loos a lot of fluid to get to the point where its running dry

Like I said, as long as there is fluid to the pump, one can run without a reservoir. Plenty of folks run a simple T line for filling and bleeding the system, this has been done for years.

1 Like

linus does the t line in this video

1 Like