Watercooling Threadripper pro with Asus WRX80 SE WiFi

OK, you like the Video on Threadripper Sworkstation. You buy all the gear. Yet the hunger for silent operation drives you crazy.
I’m new to building Watercooled PCs. And I have found that there is no easily marked Header for a ‘water pump’ option. There is on WRX80 SE sage wifi motherboard CPU fan option. This is where I have plugged in the Raijintek ACHERON 240 RGB Distro Plate ‘watercooling pump’! Question; is this a costly mistake before I connect the power! Which leads nicely to the subject of Watercooling a PC in times of component shortages. Where you can buy only some of the cooling components from the same manufacturer, Vital Information is missing or unavailable or goes missing in the warehouse or shipping.

which pump do you have? Is it trying to pull power off that header or just rpm control?

Hi there, thanks for your quick reply. The Pump is part of the Raijintek ACHERON 240 ‘distribution plate’ There are three connections. one to SATA for pump main power, the second leads to the motherboard for RPM, and lastly one to connect to ARGB 5V controller. I have not found an ARGB 5V controller which will independently control lighting. As the WRX80 board has no header. Any thoughts on the ARGB problem?

I would just plug the pump into cpu header, it hoenstly doenst matter, you can just need to know which header you plugged it into if you are going to control it.

No idea on rgb stuff I dont bother with it, sorry.

Aquacomputer might have something, I use them for my pump/fan controlls

Thank you for the info, I usually don’t bother with RGB either. Except on studio PCs. This will be a useful feature under my dark studio mixing desk. The RGB will light up the front Distribution Plate to show flow and if there is a build-up of air or gunge.

Do you build a lot of Watercooled computers?

I have done 5 or 6 builds at least at this point. My main rig is usually custom loop for at least the cpu.

This studio workstation has a Pali Geforce NVidia 3080 GPU. I had thought I bought the correct water block for this, only to find out that it does not fit. It is so hard to find the correct graphics card that is in stock. Had to use the GPU fan cooler for now, until the correct water block can be sourced.

I like and dislike blocking gpu’s I have only ever done two GTX 780 way back in the day (wanted to try it) then after that I didnt think any of the cards merited it till i got a Radeon VII which is my current gpu and its blocked. It just sucks since they cant really be reused at all compared to cpu blocks.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.