Washing machine trip the breaker

When my washing machine (7 year old ) was running yesterday it trip the breaker ( that one ,first on the left ) and no power in home. We reset the trip and the same happened twice more (took me a ittle while to realise it was the washing machine!). The socket is OK, and I presume the fuse in the plug must still be OK as the machine worked for a a couple of seconds before the fuse went again.

It was not happening during all years never before,which is very weird only yesterday. But my mother put inside a lot of clothes yesterday.

Ah and circuit overload doesnt matter,because actually i have only tv and laptop,oven running,like always

Today we run again washer,but this time she put less clothes than yesterday…and no fuses are not tripping and power is on still.

Now its fine,washer working without issues in home. So leave that or change something in electricity home?

I ask because i want to plug my new pc parts.

But i had many pcs in home all years no issues,even last pc from 12.12.2017 to 10 december 2018 and no issues. So i ask now. If everything is fine now again, can i plug new pc?

1 Like

How old is the breaker? I had a breaker for my kitchen that always tripped doing just simple stuff like running a hand mixer. Electrician threw a new breaker in and haven’t had issues. So could just be a old breaker that’s kinda worn out. Otherwise check power draw on the washer (actual vs expected)

When the main breaker (big one at the top) starts tripping start saving money

1 Like

That does appear to be an RCD.?

it shuts all the electric down as the RCD? breaker switches off. its rcd?

So its a breaker issue or just a washer it was? But like i said after cleaning washer and putting smaller laundry overload all its fine.

get it tested by a proper spark(electrician) they have the equipment to test them. RCd’s and breakers can and do fail with age and loads near overload levels if under even a minor overload too long or too many times weakens them to a point where you would have nuisance tripping.
safety wise don’t attempt replacement yourself unless you are a fully qualified spark!

1 Like