Wasabi mango uhd430 (120hz HDR 4k)

WASABI MANGO UHD430 43" 120Hz REAL 4K HDMI 2.0 Slim HDR DUAL DP 1.4 i20 Monitor

My my, if only I wasn’t literally broke atm, I’d probably get one. If anyone does, give us some feedback, I’d like to know how good the HDR is and what the freesync range is.

I’m on tomato soup until end of year… being poor is awesome!

3 Likes

Sounds great,

This is my other persona, seems I keep logging in with the wrong account.

No freesync. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hmm I thought that was standard? I will need to ask them because that is really silly of them not to just include it.

I sent them a message asking if it has it, and if not then why and would they be able to add it in with firmware patch… Yeah no freesync might be a deal breaker :frowning:

Seller replied saying manufacture said no freesync. Quite a shame, this would make it easier for another brand to out sell them based on that feature alone. Lets not forget that XBOX 1 has freesync now also, so it’s not just AMD video card owners who want it.

Guess we will need to wait.

With the consoles now supporting freesync. It is only a matter if time.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1522745972

Super high end but at least the panels are being made.

1 Like

Oh sweet. I’d like to see a review but this is on my list real soon.

I have read that everyone should be careful because some screens go down to 96hz with HDR on, and also HDR400 is not very good. On top of 30ms or so latency (deal breaker)

So looks like there might be some traps for newcomers this next generation monitor phase.

I’ll probably wait for @wendell and crew to get their hands on some to do a full test/review for us.

1 Like

I would be real interested to see how this holds up under a review. Also the listing says buyer pays customs fees. Anyone know how much those are, or if there is any?

Correct, bandwidth limitation. All monitors dp 1.4 will be 96 or is it 98hz? Which is perfectly fine with me bc F60… and 4k needs to be happening already. Btw to the previous poster, there will most likely be a freesync update… My only thing with this is color accuracy and picture quality… ugh we need more options… However 8k 60hz monitors… I don’t see why they won’t be able to do 4k 120hz. So once those start coming out, should be interesting.

I get all excited about buying a display and then they drop HDR so I add that to the list along with freesync. Why does everything have to be so complex :frowning:

1 Like

That’s why I think we may see 8k adoption before we see a saturation with 4k 120hz or 4k 98hz… with HDR lol… I’ve been tempted to get a 3440x1440 monitor… but spending 800 to 1200 on a really non 4k monitor… I can’t justify it. Surely there are more coming. I know that BFGD stuff is coming…

2 Likes